- 15 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For September 2019: Honda Activa Continues To Maintain Lead In Segment
- 1 hr ago 2020 Skoda Octavia Official Image Leaked Ahead Of 11 November Unveil
- 1 hr ago Honda Discounts & Benefits: Low Interest Rate & Other Offers Available On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago New Renault Sub-4 Metre SUV To Make Its World Premiere In India: Will Debut At 2020 Auto Expo
- News Centre''s delegations visit Srinagar to finalise governance-related reforms in J&K, Ladakh
- Movies Kishen Accuses Jai Jagadish Of Being Disrespectful Towards BB 7 Contestants; Apologises Later
- Sports Sourav Ganguly is the best person to lead BCCI: Vinod Rai
- Finance How To Check For Your Name On The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List?
- Technology Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Gets 3C Certification: Hints At 30W Fast Charger
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Has 4 Exalted Hairstyles For You To Rock This Festive Season
- Travel How Vacation Expectations Can Ruin Your Trip!
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Benelli is working on an aggressive strategy for the Indian market. The company will soon be expanding its dealership presence across the country. The Italian motorcycle brand plans to set up 40 new showrooms across India by the end of this year.
Benelli currently has just 12 showrooms in India, with plans to add 10 more within the month of April 2019. The brand re-entered the Indian market in August last year after partnering with Hyderabad-based Mahavir Group for marketing and sales.
The re-entry into the Indian market was mainly due to their issues with previous partners, DSK Group. Benelli also re-launched their previous offerings: 302 R, TNT 300 and TNT 600i in the market in late-2018. Apart from the three motorcycles, the company also launched its first all-new product recently, the TRK 502 adventure-tourer in India with a starting price of Rs 5 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Coming back to the dealerships, Benelli will expand its dealership network to 40 showrooms, spread across 35 cities, geographically spread out. This will help Benelli ensure they have access to their customers at all points.
Vikas Jhabakh, Managing Director, Benelli India, told carandbike, "The Benelli business had come to a halt in the middle with few dealers opting to move out of the business and that's understandable. You can't really blame anyone there. But we are lucky we have 12 running operational dealerships right now and they were all here for the launch and they are showing a lot of faith still the brand and the vision and we are thankful and lucky to have them on board."
He further added, "We have been working very hard and we are looking to launch about 10 new dealerships through March and April and by the end of 2019 we are looking to have closer to 40 outlets across the country. And the best thing about this is we are looking to be geographically spread out. So we will be in close to 35 different cities with 40 dealerships."
Apart from dealership expansion, Benelli is also said to be working on launching five new models in the market in 2019. Starting with the Leoncino and the Imperiale 400, the brand will bring in new models; most of them in the 400 - 500cc segment. All products of Benelli will be locally assembled at its new manufacturing unit on the outskirts of Hyderabad. The facility currently has a capacity of 7,000 units, which will be expanded to 10,000 units, based on the demand for their products in India.
Thoughts On The Benelli India Dealership & Product Strategy
Benelli had to stop its Indian operations due to their issues with DSK group. Now, with the new partners, the brand hopes to regain its momentum in the Indian market. The aggressive expansion plans including the setting up of dealerships and product launches will help Benelli grow in the country.