- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 23 hrs ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 24 hrs ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Not even one Indian college could make it to top 300 World University Rankings 2020 list
- Sports Sourabh Verma wins Vietnam Open Super 100 title
- Technology How To Enable Whatsapp Dark Mode On Desktop
- Movies Kajal Aggarwal Is Elegance Personified In These Stunning Clicks
- Lifestyle Sebaceous Horn Devil’s Horn: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Benelli India has confirmed the launch of five new products for the market, starting off with the Leoncino 500. The company recently launched their first all-new product, the TRK 502 adventure-tourer in India. The Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X is available for Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Benelli had to discontinue sales previously due to internal problems with their previous marketing partners, DSK Group. The Italian motorcycle brand re-entered the Indian market last year, bring back their previous models: TNT 300, TNT 600i and the 302R.
Now, under the partnership with Mahavir group, the company is all set to begin its second innings in the Indian market. During the launch of the TRK 502 adventure-tourer, the company confirmed their plans to introduce five more products in India in 2019; three of which will be in the 500cc segment. The new motorcycles scheduled to launch in the market, include the Leoncino 500, Leoncino Trail, Imperiale 400 and the Benelli 502 C sports cruiser.
Starting with the Leoncino 500, which is confirmed to be the first of the five new models. The Benelli Leoncino and the Leoncino Trail is a scrambler-style offering, which was first unveiled back at the 2015 EICMA. The motorcycle will be available in two versions — Standard and Trail. The standard variant will get alloy wheels while the Trail version comes with larger 19-inch wire-spoked multi-purpose tyres.
Both versions will be powered by the same 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine as seen on the recently launched TRK 502 ADV. It produces the same 47bhp and 46Nm of torque and will come mated to a six-speed gearbox. However, the Leoncino will be much lighter and more responsive than the TRK 502 and TRK 502X ADV offerings.
The Benelli Imperiale 400 is a more retro-style offering from the Italian brand. The motorcycle was scheduled for an Indian launch last year, however, it was delayed due to Benelli's issues with their previous partners. The Benelli Imperiale 400 receives all the retro-design features such as split seats, wire-spoked wheels and a teardrop fuel tank design.
The Imperiale 400 will come powered by a 373cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 19bhp and 28Nm of torque. The Benelli Imperiale 400 once launched in India will rival the likes of the Royal Enfield and Jawa motorcycles.
The fourth model is the Benelli 502 C offering. The 502 C also comes powered by the same 500cc engine as on the TRK 502 and the Leoncino models. The 502 C offers a sports cruiser style design, which heavily resembles the Ducati Diavel. The Benelli 502 C uses a trellis frame chassis, USD front forks and a monoshock unit at the rear. Braking is handled by discs at both ends with ABS as standard.
Apart from the four models, Benelli is also said to be considering the 752S for the Indian middleweight motorcycle segment. There are also rumours about the TNT1200 coming to India. The Benelli TNT1200 was showcased at the 2018 EICMA.
Thoughts On Benelli India Motorcycle Launches
Benelli has re-entered the Indian market with aggressive strategies planned. With the recent launch of the TRK 502 ADV, the Italian motorcycle brand has confirmed five more models for India, starting with the Leoncino. All the five new models are expected to be launched by 2019 or early-2020.