- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 23 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 23 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- News UP extends COVID-19 lockdown till June 30 with phased relaxations outside containment zones
- Sports Staying grounded despite the adulation is one of the hallmarks of Sachin Tendulkar's greatness: VVS Laxman
- Movies Roopa Ganguly Aka Draupadi Says Trains Used To Stop At Stations So People Could Watch Mahabharat
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Bajaj Auto has updated two of their commuter motorcycles: CT100 and Discover 125 with CBS. The update comes as part of the recently implemented safety rule, mandating all 125cc and below two-wheelers to be fitted with the safety feature as standard.
The Bajaj CT100 range with CBS consists of three variants: spoke, alloy and alloy with electric start. The base variant is priced at Rs 33,152, the mid-variant is offered with a price tag of Rs 35,936 and the top-variant has a price tag of Rs 41,587. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Similarly, the Bajaj Discover 125 CBS is available in two variants: drum and disc. The drum variant is priced at Rs 58,003 while the disc variant costs Rs 61,504. Again, all prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new safety norms implemented on the 1st April 2019 made it mandatory for all two-wheelers with a displacement of 125cc and below to feature CBS (Combi-Braking System) as a standard feature. While those above 125cc displacement will mandatorily come equipped with ABS.
Apart from the CBS update, both motorcycles remain unchanged otherwise. The Bajaj CT100 CBS is powered by a 102cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine producing 7.7bhp and 8.24Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 4-speed constant mesh gearbox.
The Bajaj Discover 125 CBS comes powered by a 124cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine producing 11bhp and 11Nm of torque. Both motorcycles come with drum brakes on either ends and telescopic front forks as well.
Apart from the CT100 and Discover 125 CBS update, Bajaj has recorded a new sales milestone in March 2019. The company recorded a growth of 39 percent in the previous month, while its Pulsar range crossed 1 lakh unit of monthly sales for the first time ever — read more about it here.
Thoughts On The Bajaj CT100 CBS & Discover 125 CBS Updates
Both the Bajaj CT100 and the Bajaj Discover 125 motorcycles are popular offerings in the company's commuter segment. With the new safety regulations now implemented, Bajaj has updated both the motorcycles with the CBS (Combi-Braking System) technology for the Indian market. The Bajaj CT100 rivals the likes of the TVS Radeon and Hero Splendor in the commuter segment market.