- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Pushes Kumkum Bhagya To Second Spot; YRKKH Drops Down!
- Sports Apurvi Chandela clinches year’s second women’s 10m Air Rifle World Cup gold
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- News Mamata Banerjee's offer to quit as Bengal CM nothing but drama: Mukul Roy
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
An Official teaser for the upcoming launch of the Bajaj Avenger Street 180 ABS motorcycle has been released. The ABS-equipped Avenger Street 180 is expected to go on sale in the market, soon.
The cruiser motorcycle from Bajaj Auto will feature a single-channel ABS system as standard. This update on the motorcycle is due to the upcoming safety norms in the country, which mandates all 125cc and above two-wheelers to be equipped with ABS. The new safety norms will be implemented in the country from the 1st April 2019, suggesting that Bajaj might introduce the new model in the coming weeks.
Apart from the additional single-channel ABS, the Bajaj Avenger 180 will also get a Rear-Lift protection system as standard. Other than these updates, there will be no changes made to the motorcycle.
The Bajaj Avenger Street 180 ABS will continue to be powered by the same 180cc twin-spark air-cooled engine. It produces 15.3bhp and 13.7Nm of peak torque and is mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
The suspension setup on the Street 180 ABS will continue through telescopic fork at the front and twin shocks at the rear. Braking is handled by a single 260mm disc up front and a 130mm drum setup at the rear.
Apart from the Street 180, most other offerings from Bajaj have already been updated with ABS. Bajaj recently launched the ABS version of the Avenger Street and Cruise 220 models as well. The Pulsar range has also been updated with ABS. The most recent update from Bajaj was the introduction of CBS (Combi-Braking System) on the Discover 110 commuter motorcycle.
Bajaj is also gearing up for the launch of the new 2019 Dominar 400 in the Indian market. The new 2019 Bajaj Dominar 400, comes with a number of updates, styling changes and additional features. Once launched, the Bajaj Dominar 400 is expected to be priced at a slight premium compared to the current model.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Avenger Street 180 ABS
Bajaj has been busy updating its entire product lineup with ABS and CBS, ahead of the upcoming safety norms in India. The latest product to receive the update will be the Avenger 180 Street cruiser motorcycle. Once launched, expect the cruiser offering to be priced at a slight premium compared to the current non-ABS model, which costs Rs 86,611, ex-showroom (Delhi).