- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 19 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Technology Xiaomi India Head Manu Jain Explains Why Redmi K20 Series Is Expensive
- News French trading colony in WB, Chandannagar set to get facelift
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Movies iSmart Shankar Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download; Will Collections Be Affected?
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
The updated 2019 Bajaj Dominar is all set for a launch in January 2019. According to latest reports, the new Bajaj Dominar will be launched in the first month of 2019 and spy shots have revealed some interesting details about the upcoming motorcycle.
The 2019 Bajaj Dominar has been spotted testing multiple times while fully camouflaged and we had also previously reported about the new feature additions to the motorcycle. The biggest change comes in the form of a new BS-VI emissions compliant motor.
The Indian government would be enforcing BS-VI emissions norms on all vehicles sold April 1, 2020 onwards. With the new 2019 Dominar 400, Bajaj Auto would be undercutting the deadline by nearly a year and two months.
There are varying reports regarding the engine receiving an increase in power output, and it is best to wait for the actual power output figures once the new Bajaj Dominar is launched. The current motorcycle is powered by a 373cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 34bhp and a peak torque output of 35Nm.
The motor is majorly based on the one that powers the KTM 390 Duke that produces a power output of 43.5bhp. This is due to a higher compression ratio and Bajaj Auto might increase the compression ratio slightly to get more power out of it, but this is only speculation at this moment. A 6-speed gearbox assisted by a slipper clutch will continue to drive the rear wheel.
An upgrade in terms of premium cycle parts has also been given with the new Bajaj Dominar. This includes a new exhaust system with dual exhaust ports, and an upside-down fork up front. The new exhaust system is said to have a louder sound which is more inclined towards the bassy side.
The upside-down front suspension which has been sourced from Endurance would give the Dominar a better ride quality. Stiff ride has been one of the major concerns with the current-generation Bajaj Dominar, and Bajaj might use the update to better the ride quality by re-tuning the rear suspension too.
The new 2019 Bajaj Dominar will also receive new features and upgraded instrumentation. The main screen will remain identical to the one used currently and will just receive a side-stand warning indicator.
The unit mounted on the tank will be an all-new screen displaying the gear position indicator, fuel gauge, and trip meter. ABS will remain a standard feature of the new 2019 Dominar 400, with braking being handled by the same Bybre 320mm disc up front and 220mm disc at the rear.
The Bajaj Dominar currently retails at around 2.02 lakh on-road, Bangalore. With the new upgrade, the Bajaj Dominar will see a price increase of around Rs 15,000 to 20,000.
Thoughts On New 2019 Bajaj Dominar Launching In January 2019
The Bajaj Dominar debuted as the Pulsar CS 400 at the 2014 Indian auto expo. Two years later, it was launched as the Dominar 400 with a number of feature deductions. With the new 2019 Dominar though, it seems to be getting back to what it was originally showcased as, both in terms of equipment as well as design. Undercutting the BS-VI emissions deadline is an added bonus.