- 5 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 7 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 10 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Jonas Is NOT Assam Tourism Brand Ambassador Anymore
- Technology Oppo K3 Official In India — New Rival To Redmi K20 And Realme X
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- News Samjahuta blast: Plea challenges acquittal of Aseemanand, 3 others
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
A Yamaha adventure bike was seen testing in India — the Yamaha XTZ 125. Not much is known is about the 125cc Yamaha 'dual-purpose' adventure motorcycle; especially its launch details. However, Yamaha had previously shared that they are planning to launch new motorcycles in the 125 – 300cc category.
The image shared by RushLane shows the Yamaha XTZ 125 running on Pune roads, in the production format itself (with zero camouflage). In fact, the upcoming Yamaha adventure bike in India even had a temporary number plate.
The 125cc Yamaha XTZ 125 will be the second budget adventure motorcycle to be sold in the country; the first one being the Hero Impulse. The now-discontinued Impulse had a 150cc motor and Hero MotoCorp will soon launch the XPulse 200 as its successor.
As mentioned before, the Yamaha XTZ 125 is a dual-purpose motorcycle; meaning that it can be used for both city commuting and light off-roading. The long-travel suspension, high ground clearance and raised mud guard, are some of its key design features.
However, the main highlight of the Yamaha XTZ 125 or any adventure motorcycle for the matter, is the kerb weight. At 118 kilogrammes, the XTZ 125 is the lightest motorcycle in the current 125cc category in India. The 21-inch front wheels and the 18-inch rear tyres wrapped with knobby or button tyres further make it purpose-ready.
Powering the upcoming Yamaha XTZ 125 is a 124cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine which makes 12.5bhp and 11.6Nm of torque. A five-speed gearbox transmits the power. Other equipment includessingle-channel ABS, luggage rack and a monoshock suspension.
If Yamaha India indeed plans to launch the XTZ 125, prices should be in the range of Rs 1 – 1.15 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Once launched, it will rival the likes of a lot of commuter motorcycles, or the newly-launched KTM Duke 125.
Thoughts On The Yamaha XTZ 125 Adventure Bike In India
The Yamaha XTZ 125 is something we would like to see in the Japanese motorcycle brand's product portfolio. It will be agood choice for beginners who are into off-road motorcycling, but are looking for something in a budget. Should Yamaha introduce it soon? Let us know in the comment section below.