TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Previously, we had reported about Royal Enfield launching the Classic 350 with ABS in India. Now, Overdrive reports that the Royal Enfield Classic 350 Pegasus will be launched on August 28, 2018, and not the ABS variant of the Classic 350.
Royal Enfield has already launched the Classic 500 Pegasus in the Indian market with a price tag of Rs 2.49 lakh on-road (Maharashtra). Only 1,000 units of the Classic 500 Pegasus will be manufactured and 250 units were allocated for India. All the units got sold in the recent online sale.
The report states that is it still unclear whether the Classic 350 Pegasus will also be a limited edition model similar to the Classic 500 Pegasus. But we expect the motorcycle to be sold in limited numbers as it is a special edition model. The overall design of the Classic 350 Pegasus will be similar to its elder sibling.
The Royal Enfield Classic 350 Pegasus will be offered in two new matte paint schemes: Blue and Brown which is similar to the colour option of the Desert Storm variant. The invite from Royal Enfield reveals that the Classic 350 Pegasus is a tribute to the Indian armed forces.
Apart from the new colour options, the Royal Enfield Classic 350 Pegasus is likely to feature the canvas panniers and a special motif with Indian Tricolour. The special edition bike will also feature a serial number stencilled on the fuel tank. Mechanically, the Classic 350 Pegasus will remain unchanged.
The Royal Enfield Classic 350 Pegasus will draw from a 346cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that is tuned to produce 19.8bhp and 28Nm of torque. The engine will be coupled to a 5-speed gearbox. All the cycle parts will also be same as the standard version of the Classic 350.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Classic 350 Pegasus
After the introduction of Classic 500 Pegasus, Royal Enfield is all set to launch the Classic 350 Pegasus in the Indian market. Unlike the Classic 500 Pegasus, the Classic 350 Pegasus is expected to be exclusive to the Indian market. The Royal Enfield Classic 350 Pegasus is expected to come with a premium of Rs 20,000 to Rs 25,000 as compared to the price of the standard Classic 350.