- 10 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 11 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 12 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- News Lok Sabha Election Results 2019 LIVE: Who will win 'Game of thrones'? Narendra Modi vs Rahul Gandhi
- Technology Redmi Note 7S vs other budget smartphones available in India
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Royal Enfield is all set to introduce the new ABS-equipped bikes in the Indian market. TeamBHP has got hold of the images of the new Classic range of bikes with ABS and new colour options. The new range of the Royal Enfield bikes will be launched on August 28, 2018.
The leaked images suggest that the new ABS-equipped Classic range of bikes will feature a new matte colour scheme. The bikes do not get much chrome and the headlamp bezel and the exhaust muffler are blacked out. The fuel tank also gets special numbering and 49 numbering in white with the orange and green background.
If the new Classic range of bikes gets ABS, they will be the first Royal Enfield bikes in India to be equipped with the safety net of ABS. Royal Enfield already manufactures the ABS-equipped bikes that are exported to several global markets. So, introducing ABS in India should not be a difficult task for the Chennai-based company.
Currently, the Royal Enfield Classic 350 is one of the best-selling bikes in the Indian market and the average monthly sales of the bike stand at over 35,000 units. Now, if Royal Enfield introduces ABS on the Classic 350, it will definitely find buyers even though there is a slight hike in the price.
The new range of Royal Enfield Classic bikes are expected to draw power from the same 346cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces 19.8bhp and 28Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. All the cycle parts will be identical to the currently available Classic range of bikes.
Royal Enfield might also introduce the Classic range with a rear disc brake and dual-channel ABS to improve the safety and braking performance of the bikes. With the inclusion of ABS, we might see a hike in the price of the bike by Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000, but it should not hamper the sales of the bikes in the Indian market.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield Classic Range Getting ABS
It is a good move from Royal Enfield to introduce ABS on its Classic range of bikes. The Royal Enfield Classic 350 is one of the best-selling bikes in India and it is an important update as it will improve the safety of the bike, We expect other manufacturers to follow the same as the deadline of April 2019 is nearing.