TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New Record — IAF Airlifts 463 Tonnes In Just 6 Hours, In Ladakh
- IPL Auction 2019 — Everything You Need To Know
- Citibank Offers 71 litres Of Diesel/ Petrol Per Year, In A Tie-Up With Indian Oil
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Flipkart Christmas Discount — Samsung And Nokia Smartphones Get Huge Price Cuts
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Deepika Padukone Or Kriti Kharbanda — Who Looked More Fabulous In This Saree?
Royal Enfield is one of the oldest motorcycle brands in the world. They launched the limited edition Classic 500 Pegasus in the Indian market at Rs 2.49 lakh ex-showroom (Maharashtra). Only 250 units were allotted for India and all of them got sold out in just 178 seconds, on July 25, 2018.
The sale was supposed to happen on the July 10 but the company had to cancel it as their website crashed. The reason for the crash was the high online traffic surge due to the demand for the limited edition motorcycle.
The sale started at 4 PM on July 25 and all the 250 units were sold at a record time of under 3 minutes. It was a first-come-first-serve sale.
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus is inspired from the RE/WB 125 two-stroke motorcycle that was used by the British paratroopers during the Second World War. It was popularly known as the ‘Flying Flea' due to its low kerb weight and nimble nature or riding.
The lucky customers ofthe motorcycles get military-inspired canvas panniers, a T-shirt and a Pegasus-themed helmet. The motorcycle comes in two colour schemes globally: Service Brown and Olive Drab Green. However, India gets the motorcycle only in Service Brown as production vehicles cannot be sold with a military green colour as per rule.
Powering the motorcycle is the same tried and tested 499cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine. It produces 27.2bhp and 41.2Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. All other components remain the same as the standard Classic 500 model.
The other feature that makes the Classic 500 Pegasus unique is the all-black theme. There are only 1000 units of this motorcycle globally (250 for India and 190 for the UK).
Thoughts On The Classic 500 Pegasus
The Classic 500 Pegasus is sort of a collector's item which every Royal Enfield enthusiast would like to have in his/her garage. If you see one on the road, remember that it was one out of just 250 units.
What do you think of the limited edition Royal Enfield?