- 7 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 9 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 10 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 10 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup: Lower-order need to be ready as top-order can go off in overcast conditions: Kohli
- News 2019 mandate liberated India from ailments of dynasty, casteism and appeasement: Amit Shah
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Having a Guinness World Record in one's name is considered to be one of the greatest achievements in life. People go to great extents to make a world record. Recently, a Bajaj Discover 125 was modified to become the longest motorcycle in the world.
There are a few other such motorcycle-related weird Guinness world records held by motorcycles and motorcyclists. Here are a few:
Fastest Speed Being Dragged Behind A Motorcycle
This is a record held by Hollywood stunt double Gary Rothwell for being dragged by a motorcycle at an extremely high speed. The daredevil used a Suzuki Hayabusa to perform the stunt and the record was set at 250km/h.
Being dragged by a motorcycle at that speed involves a lot of friction and along with friction comes heat. To overcome this, Gary Rothwell used a shoe soles with 2mm thick Titanium.
Heaviest Motorcycle Carried Up And Down A Staircase
An Indian named Montystar Agarwal holds this record after he carried a Hero Splendor up and down a flight of eight stairs. How did he actually come up with the idea for a world record like this is not known.
The Hero Splendor weighs in at around 110kgs and the world record for carrying this up and down eight steps was set in June 2014. Well, there are several motorcycles that weigh much heavier than a Hero Splendor, but no one has attempted to break the record yet.
Farthest Distance On A 49cc Moped
Yes, there actually is a world record for this and this one was taken by Lloyd Weema from America. Lloyd Weema rode the little moped from Portland, Oregon to Los Angeles, California.
With a ridden distance of around 1,177 miles or 1894.1 kilometres, he took the record on 14 June, 2014. We can only imagine the hardships he went through, especially due to the low power output of the scooter.
Longest Time Balancing A Motorcycle On One's Head
This one takes weird motorcycle records to the next level. Gerard Jessie, a resident of the Philippines could balance a motorcycle on his head and decided to go for a world record with this unique skill.
On 15 May, 2015, Gerard Jessie balanced a motorcycle on his head for 14.93 seconds, securing the record. What makes this record incredible is that, several people have attempted to break this record earlier and have failed, with a few of them even breaking their necks.
Longest Office Chair Train Pulled By A Bike
Yes, this is officially a world record recognised by Guinness. Apparently, office chair trains is something people actually do, because this record was held by a group of people in America. The American group took the record for 18 people on office chairs being pulled along by a motorcycle.
This record was broken on 22 June, 2016 by a group of students from the Driestar College in the Netherlands. A Yamaha Scrambler pulled the train of office chairs on which the students were seated.
Most Reps Bench Pressing A Yamaha XT350
This one would make the gym freaks happy. JT Hall from Columbus Ohio took the world record for the most bench presses done with a Yamaha XT350. The Yamaha XT350 weighs in at 130kgs and JT Hall did 26 reps of benchpresses to take the record on 04 March, 2012.
Longest Ride Standing On The Seat Of A Motorcycle
This one too comes to India and the record holder is Ratnesh Pandey. He got onto his Honda Unicorn and rode 32.3kms while standing on the seat. Throughout the ride, Ratnesh Pandey did not sit down and did not touch the handlebar. This record was set on 05 December, 2015 and stands to this day.
Thoughts On The Weird Motorcycle-Related World Records
Motorcycle engineering is reaching new heights every day, and one would imagine that motorcycle-related world records would be increasingly technical in nature. However, this is far from the truth as these wacky world records have proved.