TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
The Guinness record for the longest motorcycle in the world is now held by a Bajaj Discover 125. This of course has been made possible after a few modifications left the motorcycle's dimensions altered by a large extent.
A Gujarati local named Bharat Sinh Parmar, has made this feat possible after he modified his Bajaj Discover 125. The bike's rear end was chopped. A stronger rear end was welded on, and a long triangle-shaped metal frame was added to the new rear.
The rear wheel was fitted to the rear end of the new lengthened metal structure and the length of the chain too was increased to drive the rear wheel. The Guinness record required that the motorcycle be ridden over a distance of 100-metres without any assistance and Bharat Sinh Parmar did it without any trouble.
The Bajaj Discover 125 as verified by Guinness Book of World records was 26,289mm or 86.25 foot to be precise. This figure is 3,962.4mm or 13 foot longer than the previous record holder. It is a staggering feat indeed, as the stock Bajaj Discover 125 measures just 2,035mm or 6.6foot in length.
Well, it is clear that the motorcycle will be preserved as is and will not be taken out for rides. This is primarily because the modification has made it illegal to ride on public roads and secondarily because it would be next to impossible to maneuver this giant on our narrow Indian roads.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Discover 125 Being The Longest Motorcycle In The World
The Bajaj Discover is a commuter motorcycle that generally is used to gain the most fuel efficiency and to have a comfortable commute. Such a motorcycle being used to gain entry into the Guinness Book Of World Records is ambitious yet brilliant.