- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 11 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
A Tesla Model S crashed into the back of a fire engine in Utah, South Jordan, USA. The fire engine was stopped at a red signal while the electric saloon rammed into it at almost 100km/h. As per initial reports, the brakes of the Tesla Model S were not applied prior to the crash.
The South Jordan Police Department is currently investigating if the car's AutoPilot feature was engaged during the crash. Tesla calls their semi-autonomous driving aid as AutoPilot.
The accident happened last Friday night and left the 28-year-old driver of the Tesla Model S with a broken right ankle. As for the fire truck and its driver, not much damage was encountered.
There is no indication whether the driver was intoxicated by any means. There was light rain during that night and the roads at that location were wet enough to cause an unlikely slippage.
Front the images, it is evident that the car had undergone a good-scale impact. The entire front-end has been mangled and all airbags have been deployed. The sight of the accident leaves one wonder if the driver is still alive.
If the accident did occur with AutoPilot switched ON, Tesla officials are bound to make an official statement. This is in wake of an incident that happened in March in which a Tesla Model X electric SUV with AutoPilot engaged, crashed on a highway in California, killing the driver.
Tesla's AutoPilot uses sensors, cameras, radars and control units to monitor speed, change lanes and automatically stop vehicles. But, the system recommends drivers to still stay alert and keep their hands on the steering wheel.
While there is still a debate over what has actually caused the accident – man or machine, it is worth mentioning that the driver has suffered only a broken ankle. This proves that Tesla's body engineering is quite good.
Had it been an average car, the driver would've surely died.
Thoughts On The Latest Tesla Model S Crash
The Tesla Model S is one of the most-advanced sedans available on the market today. The all-electric saloon hosts a lost of features and party-tricks such as the ludicrous mode (available in top variants) which propels the car from 0-100km/h in under three seconds.
Tesla currently sells two products: The Model S, the Model X and the Model 3 (deliveries yet to begin). The brand headed by Elon Musk has also unveiled the Tesla Semi and the Roadster.
Image Source: SkyNews