- 1 min ago Tata Motors Model-Wise Car Sales Report For November 2020: Here Are The Details!
- 1 hr ago New Toyota-Maruti Suzuki SUV Coming Soon: To Rival The Hyundai Creta & Kia Seltos
- 15 hrs ago KTM Bicycles Launched In India By AlphaVector: Prices Start At Rs 30,000
- 16 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate With Swift & Baleno
- Technology Motorola Nio Image Leaked; Display, Front Camera Details Tipped
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Says, 'I Am With Farmers' After Twitter Backlash For Anti Farmers' Protest Tweet
- Sports Simon Taufel on banning switch-hit: Impossible to officiate change of grip and stance
- Finance RBI Monetary Policy: MPC Sees Inflation At Elevated Levels
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- News GHMC Election Results 2020: BJP puts up a stellar show
- Lifestyle Sonakshi Sinha Is A Vision In Sheer White Crop Top And Bodycon Skirt, Details And Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
The 2015 Ford Mustang will see an industry first - a passenger side glovebox-mounted airbag. This airbag will drastically reduce knee injuries in the event of a crash, if it is found to be effective.
While traditional knee airbags have a heavy working mechanism and need to inflate fully to work, the glovebox airbag is 65 percent lighter and permit a 75 percent-smaller inflator. The glovebox features a plastic outer panel that is attached to the inner door, with an inflatable bladder wedged in between.
If an accident occurs and the airbag needs to deploy, the bladder is inflated instantaneously and the outer panel is pushed out towards the passenger's knees, helping absorb the impact and protect the occupant from injuries.
The simplicity of the system and the fact that it does not intrude into passenger room are perhaps most impressive, and if indeed this airbag proves effective, it could very well trickle down to several other Ford models.
Ford has released a short video about the new airbag, do have a watch and see how the system works.