- 1 hr ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 2 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 3 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- News Officials launch online flood reporting system in Assam
- Sports CSK arrange oxygen concentrators for COVID-19 patients
- Movies Mother’s Day 2021: Himani Shivpuri, Shubhangi Atre And Farhana On Their Special Bond With Their Kids
- Finance Silver Outruns Gold In Returns In The Week To May 7, 2021: Can The Trend Continue?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
TVS Motor Company has released its sales figures for the month of January 2021. The Hosur-based two-wheeler manufacturer has announced an overall growth of 31 per cent in the Indian market with 307,149 units of sales registered during the previous month.
In comparison, sales of TVS during the same month of 2020 stood at 234,920 units. This is inclusive of domestic and export sales of two and three-wheelers in the country. Three-wheeler sales in January 2021 stood at 12,553 units, which is a slight decline compared to 14,481 units sold during the same month of 2020.
Coming to two-wheeler sales, TVS Motor Company has recorded 294,596 units of sales last month, translating to a 34 per cent overall growth compared to its sales in January 2020 which stood at a lower 220,439 units.
Of this, 205,216 units were registered from the domestic two-wheeler market. TVS registered a 26 per cent growth in the domestic market, compared to its sales in January 2020 which stood at 163,007 units.
Again, of the total 205,216 units of sales, 136,790 units came from motorcycles, while the remaining 98,319 units were from scooters. Both motorcycles and scooters registered a yearly growth of 45 and 36 per cent, respectively.
Coming to the export market, TVS Motor Company registered a 43 per cent growth with 100,926 units last month, as against 70,784 units in January 2020. The company has stated that the demand in the export market continues to be robust.
Of the total export numbers, 89,380 units were from two-wheelers, marking a 56 per cent growth when compared to 57,432 units in January 2020.
In related news, TVS recently introduced a new variant of one of its most popular two-wheelers, the XL100. The new Winner Edition of the moped is based on the HeavyDuty i-TouchStart model and is priced at Rs 49,599 ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are more details.
Thoughts On The TVS Bike Sales Report For January 2021
TVS Motor has managed to start off 2021 on a positive note. With the demand for two-wheelers increasing in the Indian market, the company is hopeful that the positive momentum will be carried forward to the coming months as well.