- 22 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Movies Golden Globes 2021 Winners List Live Updates: Minari, The Crown And Shitt's Creek Lead With Big Wins
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For March 1, 2021: Win Amazon Pay Balance Of Rs. 10,000
- News PM Modi takes his first dose of vaccine against COVID-19
- Sports Roma 1-2 Milan: Rebic winner as Rossoneri close the gap
- Education AISSEE Result 2021: NTA To Release Sainik School Entrance Exam Result 2021 Anytime Soon
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
TVS Motor Company has released its sales figures for the month of January 2021. The Hosur-based two-wheeler manufacturer has announced an overall growth of 31 per cent in the Indian market with 307,149 units of sales registered during the previous month.
In comparison, sales of TVS during the same month of 2020 stood at 234,920 units. This is inclusive of domestic and export sales of two and three-wheelers in the country. Three-wheeler sales in January 2021 stood at 12,553 units, which is a slight decline compared to 14,481 units sold during the same month of 2020.
Coming to two-wheeler sales, TVS Motor Company has recorded 294,596 units of sales last month, translating to a 34 per cent overall growth compared to its sales in January 2020 which stood at a lower 220,439 units.
Of this, 205,216 units were registered from the domestic two-wheeler market. TVS registered a 26 per cent growth in the domestic market, compared to its sales in January 2020 which stood at 163,007 units.
Again, of the total 205,216 units of sales, 136,790 units came from motorcycles, while the remaining 98,319 units were from scooters. Both motorcycles and scooters registered a yearly growth of 45 and 36 per cent, respectively.
Coming to the export market, TVS Motor Company registered a 43 per cent growth with 100,926 units last month, as against 70,784 units in January 2020. The company has stated that the demand in the export market continues to be robust.
Of the total export numbers, 89,380 units were from two-wheelers, marking a 56 per cent growth when compared to 57,432 units in January 2020.
In related news, TVS recently introduced a new variant of one of its most popular two-wheelers, the XL100. The new Winner Edition of the moped is based on the HeavyDuty i-TouchStart model and is priced at Rs 49,599 ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are more details.
Thoughts On The TVS Bike Sales Report For January 2021
TVS Motor has managed to start off 2021 on a positive note. With the demand for two-wheelers increasing in the Indian market, the company is hopeful that the positive momentum will be carried forward to the coming months as well.