- 9 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Slavia Production Started: Deliveries To Commence From March 2022
- 17 hrs ago Five Things To Know About The Tata Tiago CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Technology Top 12 GB RAM Smartphones Deals Available During Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale
- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Lifestyle COVID: Omicron Sub-Lineage BA.2 Considered 'Variant Under Investigation' In The UK
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Royal Enfield has donated Rs 2 Crore to the Tamil Nadu Government to help fight the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The relief measures announced by the two-wheeler manufacturer will help support the ongoing battle against the virus by improving the healthcare system in the state.
A cheque of Rs 2 Crore was handed over to Chief Minister M K Stalin by Vinod K Dasari, CEO, Royal Enfield. The company has three manufacturing facilities in Tamil Nadu at Thiruvottiyur, Oragadam and Vallam Vadagal.
Royal Enfield, part of Eicher Motors stated that it will continue to assess the situation to announce further support for the States of Tamil Nadu. The second wave of the Covid-19 virus spread has resulted in a serious short supply of medical oxygen in the country.
The relief measures announced by the automaker will be used in buying medical equipment needed to treat the affected patients. This includes oxygen concentrators, PPE kits, and more. The Government would also redirect funds for providing food kits for migrant workers, and financial assistance to the family of the deceased during these testing times.
Speaking on the occasion, Vinod K Dasari, said, "Tamil Nadu is the home of Royal Enfield motorcycles and we are committed to supporting the State in all its efforts to combat the devastating second wave of the pandemic. Our commitment to extend support to the state government today is being accompanied by a host of initiatives that Royal Enfield is undertaking in the region for the community. We continue to assess the situation closely and will extend further support to the relief and rehabilitation efforts in the long run."
The company had also announced multiple non-production days in the last month due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The rise in cases at areas surrounding its facilities forced the manufacturer to temporarily shut down production operation to protect its workforce.
Working alongside the State Government to fight the Covid-19 pandemic, the company is also gearing up to launch the all-new Classic 350 motorcycle in the country. The new Royal Enfield Classic 350 was recently spotted in its production-ready form, revealing several details ahead of its expected launch this year — here are all the details.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Donates Rs 2 Crore To Tamil Nadu Government Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Royal Enfield had announced several relief measures to the Tamil Nadu Government in the past. The latest donation of Rs 2 Crores made to the Tamil Nadu Disaster Relief Fund will enable the government to help the migrant workers and the family of the deceased during these testing times.