- 4 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 8 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 11 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Movies Exclusive: Rumi Jaffery Writes On Sushant Singh Rajput - Read His Heartfelt Note
- Technology Windows 11 Is Real And People Are Already Using It: Download Windows 11
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Royal Enfield has donated Rs 2 Crore to the Tamil Nadu Government to help fight the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The relief measures announced by the two-wheeler manufacturer will help support the ongoing battle against the virus by improving the healthcare system in the state.
A cheque of Rs 2 Crore was handed over to Chief Minister M K Stalin by Vinod K Dasari, CEO, Royal Enfield. The company has three manufacturing facilities in Tamil Nadu at Thiruvottiyur, Oragadam and Vallam Vadagal.
Royal Enfield, part of Eicher Motors stated that it will continue to assess the situation to announce further support for the States of Tamil Nadu. The second wave of the Covid-19 virus spread has resulted in a serious short supply of medical oxygen in the country.
The relief measures announced by the automaker will be used in buying medical equipment needed to treat the affected patients. This includes oxygen concentrators, PPE kits, and more. The Government would also redirect funds for providing food kits for migrant workers, and financial assistance to the family of the deceased during these testing times.
Speaking on the occasion, Vinod K Dasari, said, "Tamil Nadu is the home of Royal Enfield motorcycles and we are committed to supporting the State in all its efforts to combat the devastating second wave of the pandemic. Our commitment to extend support to the state government today is being accompanied by a host of initiatives that Royal Enfield is undertaking in the region for the community. We continue to assess the situation closely and will extend further support to the relief and rehabilitation efforts in the long run."
The company had also announced multiple non-production days in the last month due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The rise in cases at areas surrounding its facilities forced the manufacturer to temporarily shut down production operation to protect its workforce.
Working alongside the State Government to fight the Covid-19 pandemic, the company is also gearing up to launch the all-new Classic 350 motorcycle in the country. The new Royal Enfield Classic 350 was recently spotted in its production-ready form, revealing several details ahead of its expected launch this year — here are all the details.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Donates Rs 2 Crore To Tamil Nadu Government Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Royal Enfield had announced several relief measures to the Tamil Nadu Government in the past. The latest donation of Rs 2 Crores made to the Tamil Nadu Disaster Relief Fund will enable the government to help the migrant workers and the family of the deceased during these testing times.