- 57 min ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 7 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Finance Airlines To Operate At 85% Of Pre-Covid Domestic Flights: Civil Aviation Ministry
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT Finale: Pratik Sehajpal Is 1st Confirmed Contestant Of Bigg Boss 15; Here's When It'll Be Aired!
- Sports Burnley 0-1 Arsenal: Odegaard secures back-to-back wins for Gunners
- News Govt hikes domestic flight capacity to 85%
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Royal Enfield has donated Rs 2 Crore to the Tamil Nadu Government to help fight the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The relief measures announced by the two-wheeler manufacturer will help support the ongoing battle against the virus by improving the healthcare system in the state.
A cheque of Rs 2 Crore was handed over to Chief Minister M K Stalin by Vinod K Dasari, CEO, Royal Enfield. The company has three manufacturing facilities in Tamil Nadu at Thiruvottiyur, Oragadam and Vallam Vadagal.
Royal Enfield, part of Eicher Motors stated that it will continue to assess the situation to announce further support for the States of Tamil Nadu. The second wave of the Covid-19 virus spread has resulted in a serious short supply of medical oxygen in the country.
The relief measures announced by the automaker will be used in buying medical equipment needed to treat the affected patients. This includes oxygen concentrators, PPE kits, and more. The Government would also redirect funds for providing food kits for migrant workers, and financial assistance to the family of the deceased during these testing times.
Speaking on the occasion, Vinod K Dasari, said, "Tamil Nadu is the home of Royal Enfield motorcycles and we are committed to supporting the State in all its efforts to combat the devastating second wave of the pandemic. Our commitment to extend support to the state government today is being accompanied by a host of initiatives that Royal Enfield is undertaking in the region for the community. We continue to assess the situation closely and will extend further support to the relief and rehabilitation efforts in the long run."
The company had also announced multiple non-production days in the last month due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The rise in cases at areas surrounding its facilities forced the manufacturer to temporarily shut down production operation to protect its workforce.
Working alongside the State Government to fight the Covid-19 pandemic, the company is also gearing up to launch the all-new Classic 350 motorcycle in the country. The new Royal Enfield Classic 350 was recently spotted in its production-ready form, revealing several details ahead of its expected launch this year — here are all the details.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Donates Rs 2 Crore To Tamil Nadu Government Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Royal Enfield had announced several relief measures to the Tamil Nadu Government in the past. The latest donation of Rs 2 Crores made to the Tamil Nadu Disaster Relief Fund will enable the government to help the migrant workers and the family of the deceased during these testing times.