- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp has announced the latest round of price increase in the India market. The price hike will be issued to its entire range of two-wheelers. New prices will be effective from April 1, 2021, across the country.
The prices of motorcycles and scooter have been hiked for the second time this year by the company. The first hike was issued at the start of the year on January 1, 2021. At the time, the price went up by around Rs 1,500.
However, this time around the company has announced a price hike of up to Rs 2,500. The amount increase on each model will vary with the variant and the market region as well. The exact price increase of each model will be known at the start of the next month.
According to the company, "The price hike has been necessitated to partially offset the impact of increased commodity costs. The company has accelerated its cost-savings program to ensure minimal impact on the customer. The price increase across the range of two-wheelers will be up to Rs. 2500, and the exact quantum of the increase will vary on the basis of the model and the specific market."
The rising input costs for manufacturing especially with steel has forced brands to pass on a part of the cost to customers. Additionally, the Covid-19 pandemic is still very much present in India, which could also pose some challenges to brands in the production of vehicles.
In other news, Hero MotoCorp recently launched a new variant of its Destini 125 scooter called the ‘Platinum' in the market. The Destini 125 Platinum features a host of changes and upgrades over the standard variant of the scooter — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Hero Motorcycles & Scooters Second Price Hike Announced In 2021
Hero has joined the list of manufacturers announcing a price hike starting this April. However, the increase in pricing is relatively less. It could be neutralized via some dealer level offers on all motorcycles and scooters. Attractive finance schemes will also help with the increase in pricing as well.