- 2 hrs ago Bengaluru Traffic Police Announces Rs 500 Fine For Two-Wheelers Without Rear-View Mirrors & Indicators
- 1 day ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- News Mamata believes in torturing 'Ma', looting 'Mati', killing 'Manush': PM Modi in Bengal
- Finance SBI Is Offering 0.25% Concession On Car Loan: Check How To Avail Here
- Movies Hansika Motwani Recreates Hilarious Meme On Rakhi Sawant From Bigg Boss 14 By Yashraj Mukhate
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs SRH: Nitish Rana and secret of 'Brown Munde' celebration after 50 for Kolkata Knight Riders
- Technology DoT Issues Show-Cause Notice To Vi Over Licence Fee Dues
- Education Karnataka: No Summer Vacation This Year, Exams To Go On As Per Schedule
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Hero MotoCorp has released its sales figures for the month of January 2021. The world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer has reported a decline of 3 per cent in yearly sales. Hero MotoCorp announced 485,889 units of total sales in the month of January 2021 — a drop from 501,662 units which they registered during the same month of 2020.
Of the total sales, the company registered 467,776 units from the domestic market, while the remaining 18,113 units came from exports. Domestic sales of Hero MotoCorp reduced by 4 per cent when compared to its 488,069 units registered in January 2020. Exports, however, has managed to register growth from the 13,553 units the company recorded during the same month last year.
Also, of the total sales registered by Hero MotoCorp in January 2021, 449,037 units are towards motorcycles. This is a 9 per cent decline from its sales during the same month a year ago, which stood at 494,432 units. The remaining sales came from scooters, which registered 36,852 units of sales in the previous month; a massive growth from 7,190 units in January 2021.
The company last month announced the achievement of a major production milestone. Hero MotoCorp surpassed the cumulative production number of 100 million units. The 100 millionth unit in the form of the Xtreme 160R rolled out of the assembly line in its manufacturing facility in Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
To mark the occasion, Hero MotoCorp also unveiled six celebration-edition models for the Indian market. These include four motorcycles and two scooters: Xtreme 160R, Passion Pro, Splendor+, Glamour, Destini 125 and Maestro Edge 110. The celebration-edition models are said to go on sale in the Indian market, sometime this month — here are all the details on the same.
Thoughts On Hero MotoCorp Registering A Sales Decline In January 2021
Hero MotoCorp is the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer. However, the company has gotten off to a tough start in 2021, registering a decline in sales. The company will be hoping to correct this in the coming months and improve its numbers.