- 7 hrs ago Here Is An Interesting Comparison: MG Hector Vs Mahindra XUV700
- 10 hrs ago Jio-bp Launches First Mobility Station In India — Future Fuels & Charging Stations Are Here
- 11 hrs ago Enigma Automobiles Reveals Electric Cafe Racer — Bookings Open Now
- 13 hrs ago LEVC TX India Launch Soon — Iconic London Cab Set To Hit Indian Streets
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: 12GB RAM Smartphones Available On Discount Price
- Movies Katrina Kaif To Wear This Designer's Lehenga On Her Wedding? Reports
- Sports T20 World Cup: Haris Rauf's 4/22 sets up Pakistan's five-wicket win over NZ
- News He can get me shot, can’t do anything else: Nitish on Lalu’s ‘visarjan’ claim
- Education JKBOSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2021: Check JKBOSE Class 12 Board Exam Date Sheet For WZ Jammu And Kashmir Division
- Finance Axis Bank Record Q2FY22 Profit Of Rs. 3133 Cr.
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
Ducati launches the Multistrada V4 at Rs 18.99 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The performance ADV-motorcycle is available in two variants. Bookings are underway with deliveries said to begin soon.
Variants & Pricing
- V4: 18.99 lakh
- V4 S: 23.10 lakh
- V4 S (Aviator Grey): 23.30 lakh
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The Multistrada V4 is also available in the 'S Sport' variant, which has not been shipped to the Indian shores. The adventure-motorcycle is sold as CBU (Completely Built-Up) units.
- Ducati Red
- Ducati Red
- Aviator Grey
Design & Dimensions
Ducati has given the Multistrada V4 the brand's distinctive adventure-tourer design. The motorcycle features twin-pod headlamps along with a beak and air-inlets giving a sleek look and an appealing stance, especially from the front.
Other design features:
- Tall adjustable windscreen
- Knuckle guards
- Frame protectors
- GPS mounts above the instrument cluster
- 12V charging socket
- LED lighting
- Integrated rear luggage rack
- Up-swept exhaust
- Backlight switchgear
- Side-faring vents
The ADV motorcycle also features a 22-litre fuel tank to help with long-distance travelling.
- Wheelbase: 1,567mm
- Seat height: 840mm - 860mm
- Ground clearance: 220mm
- Weight: 240kg (kerb)
Features, Technology & Electronic Rider Aids
The Ducati Multistrada V4 is a benchmark motorcycle in the adventure-touring segment as it is the first motorcycle to feature radar technology at the front and rear of the motorcycle. This enables blindspot detection and radar-guided cruise control, which is the world's first.
The Multistrada V4 standard variant features a 5-inch TFT display for the instrument cluster. While the other variants of the ADV-tourer use a larger 6.5-inch display for the instrument cluster. The console features 'Ducati Connect' connected technology and a full-map navigation system.
The motorcycle comes loaded with a host of electronic rider aids all of which can be controlled using the switchgear and the instrument console. This includes:
- Four riding modes: Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC)
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC)
- Cornering ABS from Bosch
- Vehicle Hold Control (VHC)
- Six-axis IMU
Engine, Gearbox, Performance & Mechanicals
The motorcycle comes powered by a liquid-cooled 1158cc 'V4 Granturismo' engine and is based on the power unit from the Panigale V4. However, the company has made some changes to the engine to suit the characteristics of the adventure motorcycle — here are more details.
- Bore X Stroke: 83mm x 53.5mm
- Max power: 167bhp @ 10,500rpm
- Peak torque: 125Nm @ 8,750rpm
- Clutch: Slip-assist unit
- Gearbox: 6-speed with (DQS) Ducati Quick Shift
The DQS bi-direction quick shifter is offered as standard only on the V4 S variant. Also, the new engine features a longer service interval of 15,000km or 24months.
- Front (V4): 50mm fully-adjustable USD fork
- Rear (V4): Mono-shock unit
- Front (V4 S): 50mm fully-adjustable USD fork with Skyhook
- Rear (V4 S): Mono-shock unit with Skyhook
Both suspension units feature the same suspension travel of 170mm at the front and 180mm at the rear.
- Front (V4): 320mm dual-semi-floating discs; Brembo four-piston callipers (Radial)
- Rear (V4): 265mm single disc; Brembo two-piston calliper
- Front (V4 S): 330mm dual-semi-floating discs; Brembo M50 Stylema monobloc four-piston callipers (Radial)
- Rear (V4 S): 265mm single disc; Brembo two-piston calliper
Wheels & Tyres:
- Front: 19-inch alloys; Pirelli Scorpion Trail II (120/70) tyres
- Rear: 17-inch alloys; Pirelli Scorpion Trail II (170/60) tyres
The company is also offering a host of accessories for the Multistrada V4 motorcycle including spoke wheels, pannier boxes, heated seats, and fuel tank grips; among others.
Thoughts About The Ducati Multistrada V4 Launched In India
The Multistrada V4 is the brand's flagship ADV-tourer. The motorcycle deserves the title as it packs a ton of features on the standard model and takes it up a notch in the V4 S trim. The Multistrada V4 rivals the likes of the recently launched BMW R 1250 GS and the Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin.