- 4 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 7 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 13 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Movies Savita Bajaj Receives Financial Aid From Ayushmann Khurrana, Actor Transfers Huge Amount Into Her Account
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Technology Redmi K40 Game Enhanced Edition New Color Variant In Tow; What's New?
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Ducati launches the Multistrada V4 at Rs 18.99 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The performance ADV-motorcycle is available in two variants. Bookings are underway with deliveries said to begin soon.
Variants & Pricing
- V4: 18.99 lakh
- V4 S: 23.10 lakh
- V4 S (Aviator Grey): 23.30 lakh
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The Multistrada V4 is also available in the 'S Sport' variant, which has not been shipped to the Indian shores. The adventure-motorcycle is sold as CBU (Completely Built-Up) units.
- Ducati Red
- Ducati Red
- Aviator Grey
Design & Dimensions
Ducati has given the Multistrada V4 the brand's distinctive adventure-tourer design. The motorcycle features twin-pod headlamps along with a beak and air-inlets giving a sleek look and an appealing stance, especially from the front.
Other design features:
- Tall adjustable windscreen
- Knuckle guards
- Frame protectors
- GPS mounts above the instrument cluster
- 12V charging socket
- LED lighting
- Integrated rear luggage rack
- Up-swept exhaust
- Backlight switchgear
- Side-faring vents
The ADV motorcycle also features a 22-litre fuel tank to help with long-distance travelling.
- Wheelbase: 1,567mm
- Seat height: 840mm - 860mm
- Ground clearance: 220mm
- Weight: 240kg (kerb)
Features, Technology & Electronic Rider Aids
The Ducati Multistrada V4 is a benchmark motorcycle in the adventure-touring segment as it is the first motorcycle to feature radar technology at the front and rear of the motorcycle. This enables blindspot detection and radar-guided cruise control, which is the world's first.
The Multistrada V4 standard variant features a 5-inch TFT display for the instrument cluster. While the other variants of the ADV-tourer use a larger 6.5-inch display for the instrument cluster. The console features 'Ducati Connect' connected technology and a full-map navigation system.
The motorcycle comes loaded with a host of electronic rider aids all of which can be controlled using the switchgear and the instrument console. This includes:
- Four riding modes: Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC)
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC)
- Cornering ABS from Bosch
- Vehicle Hold Control (VHC)
- Six-axis IMU
Engine, Gearbox, Performance & Mechanicals
The motorcycle comes powered by a liquid-cooled 1158cc 'V4 Granturismo' engine and is based on the power unit from the Panigale V4. However, the company has made some changes to the engine to suit the characteristics of the adventure motorcycle — here are more details.
- Bore X Stroke: 83mm x 53.5mm
- Max power: 167bhp @ 10,500rpm
- Peak torque: 125Nm @ 8,750rpm
- Clutch: Slip-assist unit
- Gearbox: 6-speed with (DQS) Ducati Quick Shift
The DQS bi-direction quick shifter is offered as standard only on the V4 S variant. Also, the new engine features a longer service interval of 15,000km or 24months.
- Front (V4): 50mm fully-adjustable USD fork
- Rear (V4): Mono-shock unit
- Front (V4 S): 50mm fully-adjustable USD fork with Skyhook
- Rear (V4 S): Mono-shock unit with Skyhook
Both suspension units feature the same suspension travel of 170mm at the front and 180mm at the rear.
- Front (V4): 320mm dual-semi-floating discs; Brembo four-piston callipers (Radial)
- Rear (V4): 265mm single disc; Brembo two-piston calliper
- Front (V4 S): 330mm dual-semi-floating discs; Brembo M50 Stylema monobloc four-piston callipers (Radial)
- Rear (V4 S): 265mm single disc; Brembo two-piston calliper
Wheels & Tyres:
- Front: 19-inch alloys; Pirelli Scorpion Trail II (120/70) tyres
- Rear: 17-inch alloys; Pirelli Scorpion Trail II (170/60) tyres
The company is also offering a host of accessories for the Multistrada V4 motorcycle including spoke wheels, pannier boxes, heated seats, and fuel tank grips; among others.
Thoughts About The Ducati Multistrada V4 Launched In India
The Multistrada V4 is the brand's flagship ADV-tourer. The motorcycle deserves the title as it packs a ton of features on the standard model and takes it up a notch in the V4 S trim. The Multistrada V4 rivals the likes of the recently launched BMW R 1250 GS and the Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin.