- 30 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49 updates: Kolkata Knight Riders face Chennai Super Kings
- Movies Ali Asgar & Charu Asopa's Akbar Ka Bal Birbal Ends Abruptly; The Actress Says They Are All Shocked
- Lifestyle Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Finance Cabinet Hikes Ethanol Prices, To Benefit Sugarcane Farmers, Sugar Stocks
- News France: Knife-wielding man shot dead after attacking police in Avignon
- Education TNAU Rank List 2020: Check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Rank List 2020 At tnau.ac.in
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Ducati has unveiled the all-new V4 Granturismo engine globally. The new engine will make its debut on the next-generation Multistrada adventure-tourer motorcycle, which will be launching soon.
The Granturismo V4 has been developed with the same layout as the Desmosedici Stradale unit that currently powers the other models in the brand's line-up. However, some of the internal components have been changed and can now handle more heat and stress as compared to ones on Desmosedici Stradale.
Multistrada adventure-tourer motorcycle currently uses a twin-cylinder Testastretta engine. However, the fourth-generation model now receives an all-new V4 engine called the Granturismo.
Comparing the new V4 Granturismo to the existing Testastretta, the new engine is shorter and wider than the existing engine. The V4 Granturismo tips the scale at just 66.7kg — 1.2kg lighter than the Testastretta.
Because of its revised dimensions, the new engine is mounted 95mm lower than the Testastretta on the outgoing motorcycle. It will aid for a better centre of gravity, which will make the motorcycle more agile.
Also, the low-mounted engine, the V4 Granturismo uses a new valve train and counter-rotating crankshafts. This will aid for smoother power delivery across the rev-range and improves the handling characteristics of the motorcycle as well.
According to Ducati, the V4 Granturismo is an extremely compact, a lightweight, high-performance, torque-rich engine designed to meet the needs required in "adventure-touring" use without neglecting emotion and sportiness.
With the development of the new engine, Ducati has also achieved an excellent service interval. This is due to the new spring valve return system, that brings the maintenance intervals of the V4 Granturismo to 60,000 kilometres.
The V4 Granturismo produces a maximum of 168bhp at 10,500rpm and a peak torque of 125Nm at 8,750rpm. The all-new engine is homologated to meet stringent Euro 5 emission norms, which means it is BS6-compliant. The engine comes mated a six-speed gearbox with a bi-directional quick shifter using (DQS) Ducati Quick Shift technology along with a slip-assist clutch.
The V4 Granturismo features 70-degree crank-pin offset and 90-degree "V" layout. It generates what Ducati calls a "Twin Pulse" firing order that resembles the firing sequence of a twin-cylinder. The distinctiveness lies in the fact that the two left-hand cylinders fire closely together, as do the two right-hand ones.
This particular firing order makes the V4 Granturismo sound comparable to that of a twin-cylinder. This makes it immediately recognizable with the distinctive and thrilling exhaust note.
Ducati has also introduced new technology on the V4 Granturismo, where it will deactivate two of its cylinder by closing the rear bank while idling. This improves the thermal comfort of the rider and passenger thanks to the lowering of temperatures while simultaneously reducing fuel consumption.
For all the fans waiting for the bore and stroke details of the new V4 Granturismo engine, here are some numbers. It is a liquid-cooled, V-four-cylinder 1158cc engine with the bore and the stroke length of 83mm and 53.5mm, respectively. The compression ratio of the engine is set at 14:1. The company will unveil the 2020 Multistrada V4 on November 4, 2020.
Thoughts About The Ducati Granturismo V4 Engine
Ducati has certainly worked their charm with the all-new Granturismo V4 engine. The all-new engine aids for smoother power delivery and improved handling characteristic of the motorcycle. Because of its new technology, the Granturismo V4 helps in better heat dissipation and low-fuel consumption as compared to the current Testastretta V2.