- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 13 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
TVS Motor Company has officially confirmed that the Victor will be upgraded to meet the BS6 emission norms. The news of the upcoming BS6 motorcycle was confirmed, when the company recently revealed its entire BS6 product line up that included the Victor as well.
There were rumors about the company discontinuing the Victor 110 budget motorcycle in the Indian market. However, these speculations were put to rest when the Chennai based two wheeler manufacturer confirmed future plans for the premium commuter motorcycle.
The upcoming TVS Victor BS6 model is expected to retain its overall silhouette and dimensions of the motorcycle from its BS4 counterparts. However, we expect the new motorcycle to sport new graphics and a few additional features. It could also feature a few new colour options as well.
TVS already has a BS6 compliant 110cc engine that is currently powering the Radeon motorcycle from the brand's portfolio. The updated BS6 engine now produces 8.08bhp of peak power at 7,350rpm and 8.7Nm of peak torque at 4,500rpm. The engine will continue to come mated to a four-speed gearbox. The same engine is expected to make its way to the Victor BS6 motorcycle as well.
Apart from the updated engine, other mechanicals will be carried forward from the BS4 model. This includes telescopic forks at the front, and an adjustable dual-shock setup at the rear. Braking duties on the motorcycle will be handled by drum brakes at both ends as standard, with optional disc brakes at the front on the top-spec variant.
The upcoming TVS Victor BS6 motorcycle will most likely see an increase in its pricing over the outgoing BS4 model. The BS4 Victor retailed between Rs 54,042 for the base variant and Rs 59,602 for the top-spec premium edition. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi). Once launched the Victor BS6 will rival the Hero Splendor iSmart, the Bajaj Platina 110 H-Gear and the Bajaj CT100; among others in the Indian market.
In related news, TVS Motor Company is gearing up to introduce an all-new motorcycle in the Indian market. The company has trademarked the name ‘Ronin' for its upcoming motorcycle, which is expected to go on sale in India sometime early next year.
Nothing about the upcoming motorcycle has been revealed by the company, although it is expected to be either a new adventure motorcycle or a cruiser bike from the brand in the country. This has come to light soon after the TVS Motor Company acquired the UK based Norton motorcycles — here are more details.
Thoughts About The TVS Victor BS6 Models Launching Soon In India
The TVS Victor has been in the company's portfolio for a long time, and with the new emission norms we expected the company to close doors on the motorcycle name. However, all rumors have been put to rest with the announcement of Victor getting a BS6 engine update, which brings in good volume in the Indian and the international market for the company.