- 9 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You If He Isn’t Interest In A Second Date With You
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Chennai basde TVS Motor Company has released specifications of the TVS Jupiter BS6 models ahead of its launch in India. The new Jupiter model will be available in three variants and are priced starting at Rs 61,449 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Changes that TVS has brought to the scooter include relocating the battery from under the seat to the front apron, an increase in the under seat storage capacity from 17-litres to 21-litres, and a larger fuel tank that hold 6-litres of fuel as compared to the outgoing models that have 5-litre fuel tank.
Thanks to BS6 compliance, the Jupiter now weighs in at 1kg more than than the outgoing models that weigh in between 104kgs and 107kgs. TVS however say that the new scooters are up to 15 percent more efficient than before.
Dealers have confirmed that the BS6-compliant TVS Jupiter is offered in three variants — Standard, ZX, and Classic. All variants will features only drum brakes at the front and at the rear. Dealers haven't been able to confirm if the company plans to offer disc brakes for the new scooter.
The all new TVS Jupiter BS6 models now feature a fuel-injected 109cc single-cylinder engine that produces 7.3 brake horsepower as compared to the BS4 compliant engines that produced 7.8 brake horsepower. Torque figures remain the same at 8.4 Newton-meters.
The new TVS Jupiter BS6 scooter is available in three variants - Standard, ZX, and Classic. The variants are priced at Rs 61,449, Rs 63,449, and Rs 67,911 respectively. The company's dealerships have started accepting bookings, and deliveries are expected to begin mid next week. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi.
In TVS related news, the company is working towards launching a second premium motorcycle after the Apache RR310 models. The new motorcycle will be built on BMW Motorrad's platform, and is expected to be launched during 2021. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Specifications Of The TVS Jupiter BS6 Models
We are impressed with the changes TVS has brought to the new BS6 compliant Jupiter models. A larger storage space and a larger fuel tank definitely make a difference while commuting on a daily basis. And a minimal drop of 0.5 brake horsepower is acceptable. TVS definitely has a winner in their portfolio!