- 14 hrs ago Royal Enfield Electra 350 Modified By Ornithopter Moto Design: Renamed KARGIL
- 15 hrs ago Hero Glamour 125 BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 68,900, Ex-Showroom Delhi
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 Wins Global NCAP’s Safer Choice Award: Becomes First Indian Manufacturer To Win
- 15 hrs ago Suzuki Katana Not Coming To India This Year — Here's Why
- News 19 killed, several injured after KSRTC bus collides with truck at Coimbatore
- Technology Android 11 To Support Reverse Wireless Charging By Default
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2020: Things To Do And Avoid On This Festival
- Movies Trance Twitter Review: Here's What The Audiences Feel About The Fahadh Faasil-Nazriya Nazim Starrer!
- Sports Tottenham 0-1 RB Leipzig: Werner makes Spurs pay the penalty
- Finance Indian Railways To Offer More Tatkal Train Tickets For A Longer Duration Now
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
The TVS Apache RR310 was the first product that the TVS Motor Company launched after its alliance with German motorcycle manufacturer BMW Motorrad. Three years later, TVS is ready to launch its second product in the premium motorcycle segment.
The partnership has also built two motorcycles for BMW Motorrad, namely the G310GS and the G 310 R, and according to MoneyControl, are sold in 90 countries across the globe.
The Indo-German alliance came into being during 2013 with the aim of targeting mid-capacity motorcycle buyers. BMW realized the need to enter the mid-capacity segment since the smallest motor on offer in India was the F750 GS.
The design and development of the G 310 R and G310GS was done mostly by BMW, and production was handled by TVS at its facility at Tamil Nadu. BMW is exploring other segments where it can offer value propositions but none of its plans are concrete just yet.
December saw TVS Motor Company production cross 50,000 units of the BMW G 310 R and G3130GS motorcycles. Production for both motorcycles are handled by TVS's Hosur facility.
Mr K N Radhakrishnan, the President, CEO & Additional Whole Time Director at the TVS Motor Company, said, "With respect to BMW, I think they are extremely happy. The two products are doing extremely well. We have launched our one version (RR310) on that platform, the new one with BS6 engine was recently launched. And we, possibly next year, will have one more variant of that from TVS Motor Company."
As is, there is no concrete information about what TVS's new motorcycle will offer in terms of design and or power and performance figures. There is a possibility that the new motorcycle could be an adventure styled one considering the increase in touring and off road riding.
Thoughts About TVS Motor Company Planning To Launch A New Motorcycle Built On BMW's Platform
This is a good thing. TVS should have made this move after launching the Apache RR310. We're hoping the company bring us an adventure style motorcycle considering the high demand. Royal Enfield, KTM, and Hero MotoCorp have all launched ADVs. It's about time TVS!