- 4 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 5 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 5 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- 8 hrs ago Hero Electric Scooter Prices Dropped By Up To Rs 15,000: Optima HX FAME 2 Subsidy Revised Price List
- News Major reshuffle: Gujarat government transfers more than 70 IAS officers
- Finance Grofers Co-Founder Saurabh Kumar Exits Company
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
- Education UGC Launches Academic Job Portal For NET, SET, PhD Qualified Candidates
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor And Imtiaz Ali's Next Project Is Not The Amar Singh Chamkila Biopic?
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Indian cricket team wear black armbands as a mark of respect to the ‘Flying Sikh’
- Technology OnePlus Nord CE 5G Gets Second Update Following Launch; What's Improved?
The TVS Apache RR310 was the first product that the TVS Motor Company launched after its alliance with German motorcycle manufacturer BMW Motorrad. Three years later, TVS is ready to launch its second product in the premium motorcycle segment.
The partnership has also built two motorcycles for BMW Motorrad, namely the G310GS and the G 310 R, and according to MoneyControl, are sold in 90 countries across the globe.
The Indo-German alliance came into being during 2013 with the aim of targeting mid-capacity motorcycle buyers. BMW realized the need to enter the mid-capacity segment since the smallest motor on offer in India was the F750 GS.
The design and development of the G 310 R and G310GS was done mostly by BMW, and production was handled by TVS at its facility at Tamil Nadu. BMW is exploring other segments where it can offer value propositions but none of its plans are concrete just yet.
December saw TVS Motor Company production cross 50,000 units of the BMW G 310 R and G3130GS motorcycles. Production for both motorcycles are handled by TVS's Hosur facility.
Mr K N Radhakrishnan, the President, CEO & Additional Whole Time Director at the TVS Motor Company, said, "With respect to BMW, I think they are extremely happy. The two products are doing extremely well. We have launched our one version (RR310) on that platform, the new one with BS6 engine was recently launched. And we, possibly next year, will have one more variant of that from TVS Motor Company."
As is, there is no concrete information about what TVS's new motorcycle will offer in terms of design and or power and performance figures. There is a possibility that the new motorcycle could be an adventure styled one considering the increase in touring and off road riding.
Thoughts About TVS Motor Company Planning To Launch A New Motorcycle Built On BMW's Platform
This is a good thing. TVS should have made this move after launching the Apache RR310. We're hoping the company bring us an adventure style motorcycle considering the high demand. Royal Enfield, KTM, and Hero MotoCorp have all launched ADVs. It's about time TVS!