- 38 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 18 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Movies Netizens Shame Media For Creating Chaos Around Sara Ali Khan & Amrita Singh At The Mumbai Airport
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away at 74
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Shell Lubricants India has partnered with Hoopy to offer contactless two-wheeler service to customers in the country. The partnership aims to offers hassle-free motorcycle or scooter servicing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Hoppy, a Bengaluru-based facility that uses technology to cater to both businesses and individuals. It offers contactless, easily accessible, and immensely reliable doorstep two-wheeler maintenance service across select cities in the country.
The partnership also aims to create a steady source of income for the mechanic community, who have been impacted severely by the ongoing pandemic while also creating a safe and trusted service for consumers.
The pandemic created severe repercussions for the Indian mechanic community in the form of disrupted business and uncertainty as many chose to move back to their hometowns. As a result, the partnership will focus on training and generating business for up to 5,000 mechanics.
Raman Ojha, Country Head, Shell Lubricants India, said, "During the thousands of virtual interactions that we have had with two-wheeler mechanics over the past few months, we realized that footfalls to their business and hence, their income itself has become very inconsistent. Many of them urged us to do something in this regard and this is an idea that stuck with us, an initiative to not just create better livelihood opportunities for them, but also to create greater self-reliance amongst them."
Mr Ojha further added, "The society at large has been going through one of its most trying times. As a company, we are very happy to be able to contribute by creating better opportunities and working environment for the mechanic community, an intrinsic part of the country's mobility ecosystem, while also ensuring that our consumers have access to trusted home-based options for safe servicing."
The partnership and programme will ensure a steady business flow for mechanics with the possibility of making 30-40% higher income than they would in garages. This would help mechanics during these unprecedented times and make ends meet.
The service uses a technology platform where customers can make bookings, track service request journeys on a real-time basis, and pay on the app or the brand's official website from the comfort of their homes. Additionally, they can get their vehicle serviced anywhere, anytime from a reliable and well-trained professional.
Shashank Dubey, Co-founder, and COO, Hoopy, said, "We are thrilled to have Shell as our exclusive expansion and lubricant partner. Shell is synonymous with trust and quality, and this collaboration will enable us to deliver a much-desired combination of convenience, care, and quality to people's doorstep in these trying times. Our partnership will set a benchmark for how customers can enjoy a safe and high-quality two-wheeler servicing experience amidst COVID-19."
Thoughts About Shell & Hoopy Partnering To Offer Zero Contact Doorstep Two-Wheeler Service
Due to the current need for contactless services, more customers are opting for service that is carried out with very less or zero contact. With the help of technology, the partnership is also making the contactless service easier on the pocket as well.