- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 7 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 21 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Patients from outside: Delhi health minister on COVID tally surge
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Royal Enfield last month introduced a number of initiatives, offering support to their customers amidst the lockdown. One such initiative was the 'Service-on-Wheels', which allowed customers to get their bikes serviced at their doorstep.
Now, almost a month after the introduction of the initiative, the services have commenced in the city of Chennai. According to reports from Rushlane, the Royal Enfield ‘Service on Wheels' can perform up to 90 per cent of all standard service and repairs on a motorcycle at the customer's doorstep, while also doubling up as Road-side Assistance as well.
The service on wheels initiative uses specially-built bikes, based on the Royal Enfield 350 Trials. These bikes come fitted with panniers, which help carry all the tools, equipment and spare parts required to perform servicing operations.
These specially-built motorcycles will be available across all company service centres, starting from July 2020. They will effectively act as a stand-in, owning to the space limitations at dealerships as part of observing social distancing.
The service-on-wheels initiative also removes the need for customers to visit their service outlets. Royal Enfield will send in trained technicians to customers doorsteps to carry out the service operations. This will further ensure all processes are done, while still following the strict safety guidelines. Customers will further be able to choose an e-payment option to truly receive a contactless service.
Royal Enfield has also restricted the service appointments at dealerships, to ensure the avoidance of overcrowding. Customers will have to pre-book their service appointments accordingly and follow the social distancing and safety measures in place; to ensure safety of themselves and the staff.
Apart from these initiatives, Royal Enfield also recently introduced extended warranty packages for its vehicles. This initiative called ‘Royal Enfield Secure' is available for both BS6 and BS4-compliant vehicles as well as the now-discontinued 500cc offerings as well — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield ‘Service-On-Wheels' Initiative
The Royal Enfield ‘Service-On-Wheels' is an excellent initiative introduced by the brand. It ensures the safety of both the customers and the staff, while also allowing all basic services and repairs to be done at the customer's convenience.