- 17 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Movies Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Mumbai Reception: Here Is Everything You Need To Know!
- News Farmers' unions issue dos and don'ts for tractor rally on Republic Day
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Bengaluru FC vs Odisha FC: Sloppy Odisha help Bengaluru rescue a point
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Royal Enfield last month introduced a number of initiatives, offering support to their customers amidst the lockdown. One such initiative was the 'Service-on-Wheels', which allowed customers to get their bikes serviced at their doorstep.
Now, almost a month after the introduction of the initiative, the services have commenced in the city of Chennai. According to reports from Rushlane, the Royal Enfield ‘Service on Wheels' can perform up to 90 per cent of all standard service and repairs on a motorcycle at the customer's doorstep, while also doubling up as Road-side Assistance as well.
The service on wheels initiative uses specially-built bikes, based on the Royal Enfield 350 Trials. These bikes come fitted with panniers, which help carry all the tools, equipment and spare parts required to perform servicing operations.
These specially-built motorcycles will be available across all company service centres, starting from July 2020. They will effectively act as a stand-in, owning to the space limitations at dealerships as part of observing social distancing.
The service-on-wheels initiative also removes the need for customers to visit their service outlets. Royal Enfield will send in trained technicians to customers doorsteps to carry out the service operations. This will further ensure all processes are done, while still following the strict safety guidelines. Customers will further be able to choose an e-payment option to truly receive a contactless service.
Royal Enfield has also restricted the service appointments at dealerships, to ensure the avoidance of overcrowding. Customers will have to pre-book their service appointments accordingly and follow the social distancing and safety measures in place; to ensure safety of themselves and the staff.
Apart from these initiatives, Royal Enfield also recently introduced extended warranty packages for its vehicles. This initiative called ‘Royal Enfield Secure' is available for both BS6 and BS4-compliant vehicles as well as the now-discontinued 500cc offerings as well — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield ‘Service-On-Wheels' Initiative
The Royal Enfield ‘Service-On-Wheels' is an excellent initiative introduced by the brand. It ensures the safety of both the customers and the staff, while also allowing all basic services and repairs to be done at the customer's convenience.