- 40 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 18 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Movies Netizens Shame Media For Creating Chaos Around Sara Ali Khan & Amrita Singh At The Mumbai Airport
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away at 74
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Chennai based motorcycle manufacturer Royal Enfield has announced that its sales for the month of July 2020 stand at 40,334 units, translating to a drop of 26 percent as compared to the 54,185 units it sold during the same period last year.
The brand's domestic sales figures stand at 37,925 units for the month of July 2020, as compared to the 49,182 units it sold during the same period last year - translating to a decline of 23 percent.
The brand also registered 2,409 units in exports for the month, as compared to the 5,003 units it exported during June 2019 - translating to a decline of 52 percent.
Royal Enfield's year-to-date sales stand at 97,601 units as compared to the 2,37,894 units that were sold during the months of April, May and June last year - translating to a 59 percent decline in sales.
Royal Enfield also said that it is leading the leisure motorcycling segment in the United Kingdom with its Interceptor 650 becoming the highest selling motorcycle in the Kingdom's middleweight segment.
In Royal Enfield related news, the brand recently launched its Service On Wheels initiative in the country, with the aim of offering safe, seamless and hassle-free doorstep services for their customers. The brand has deployed 800 Service On Wheels motorcycles across the country.
The 800 motorcycles have been purpose built and are equipped to cater for 80 percent of most service and repair requirements. The brand's initiative will include scheduled maintenance, minor repairs, critical component testing, parts replacements, and electrical diagnosis, among others.
The company says that all doorstep services will be carried out by trained technicians, and all parts that are replaced will carry a 12 month warranty. To know more about the Royal Enfield Service On Wheels initiative, click here.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield's 26 Percent Decline In Sales For The Month Of July 2020
Sales figures were expected to decline across the industry because of the Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lock downs that were implemented. One can expect sales to improve over the course of the next few months, considering the festive season will begin and manufacturers will offer discounts that will trigger pent up buying sentiments.