- 17 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You If He Isn’t Interest In A Second Date With You
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Okinawa is one of the leading electric two-wheeler brands in the country. The EV manufacturer has announced resuming operations with a 25 per cent workforce at its corporate office and manufacturing unit.
The company has also stated that it will maintain safety measures at the workplace, manufacturing unit, and at the dealerships, as it resumes business activities. Okinawa has issued strict guidelines to its dealership network to be followed while resuming operations during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
The guidelines issued by the brands include dealerships to operate with 25 per cent staff as well. Additionally, all products will be sanitized before getting dispatched from the assembly at the manufacturing unit to dealer partners. The dealers will also sanitize products once the goods are received from the manufacturing plants.
The dealerships will also monitor the customers and workforce to ensure the safekeeping. These include thermal screening, wearing masks, gloves and other necessary protective equipment. Also, all the dealerships re-opening in orange and green zones will be disinfected on a daily basis.
At the corporate office, Okinawa is taking precautionary measures by working on seating arrangements of the employees to maintain social distancing. The brand has also made use of Aarogya Setu mobile application and other protective equipment for its employees.
The company will also conduct Covid-19 awareness sessions every day for its employees. Additionally, the company has prepared a special team to transport the employees to the hospital in case of any medical emergency, and further to the Government quarantine center, if found positive.
Speaking about the guidelines, Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director, Okinawa, said, "In this unfortunate scenario for the entire nation, Okinawa as a responsible brand is taking all the possible measures to safeguard its workforce, dealer partners, and customers. We along with the Government need to work in sync to sail through these challenging times. We have issued an advisory to our dealer partners and a comprehensive standard operating procedure to our workforce, in order to ensure complete safety."
In related news, Okinawa had showcased a maxi-electric scooter at the 2020 Auto Expo, called the Okinawa Cruiser. The company is yet to announce the launch date for the new scooter. However, Okinawa has revealed the specs of the Cruiser maxi-electric scooter ahead of its launch — here are all the details.
Thoughts About Okinawa Resuming Production At 25 Percent Capacity
Okinawa is resuming operations at its manufacturing facility, corporate office, and dealerships across the country in a phased manner. This will ensure less contact and maintain social distancing, which is essential for resuming operations during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country.