- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 15 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 15 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced the launch of a brand new motorcycle offering for India. The new Honda motorcycle launch will take place on the 30th of September. Ahead of its launch, Honda has released a vague teaser with the taglines 'Get Ready For A Majestic Launch' and 'Your Highness Is Arriving On 30th September 2020'.
The new motorcycle will be a premium model, positioned in the 300cc and above segment. The bike once launched will be on sale exclusively through the brand's premium BigWing dealerships.
We expect the new motorcycle to be a cruiser offering part of the 300 - 500cc segment. This will make it a direct rival to the likes of the Royal Enfield and Jawa Motorcycles models.
The new motorcycle could be based on the brand's international Rebel 300 model. However, the new motorcycle will come with a number of significant updates and changes, more suited for the Indian market.
We saw something similar when Honda introduced the Hornet 2.0 in the Indian market recently. The new Honda Hornet 2.0 is essentially the brand's CB 190R in the international market, albeit a number of changes and updates.
The Honda Hornet 2.0 in India comes powered by a 184cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 17bhp at 8500rpm and 16.1Nm of torque at 6000rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The changes brought on to the Hornet 2.0 compared to its international model have allowed Honda to price the motorcycle competitively, with a starting price of Rs 1.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are more details of the new Hornet 2.0.
We could see something similar with the new premium motorcycle, slated for the 30th September as well. Another estimation is that the motorcycle could be a 500cc model for the Indian market.
Honda did recently update a number of its 500cc offerings in the international lineup, bringing them up to date with the latest emission norms and trends. These models include the CB500X, CBR500R and the CBR500F.
Thoughts On The New Honda Motorcycle Launch In India On 30th September
Honda has been very secretive about the upcoming product in India. There are no details of the product and most of its at this point is just speculative. Stay tuned as we will bring you more updates about the upcoming model as and when released.