- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News UN report on presence of ISIS terrorists in Kerala, Karnataka incorrect: Govt tells LS
- Sports MotoGP 2020: The tough times seem to have passed – Vinales revels in Misano success
- Movies Bigg Boss 6 Fame Sapna Bhavnani Plans To File Complaint Against Man Who Sexually Abused Her
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amit Aggarwal’s Latest Collection Is About Soothing Underwater Hues
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has launched their new Hornet 2.0 motorcycle in the Indian market. The new Honda Hornet 2.0 is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Gurugram). Bookings for the motorcycle are now open, with deliveries said to start from the first week of September.
The new Honda Hornet 2.0 replaces the older CB Hornet 160R from the brand's lineup. The Hornet 2.0 also marks Honda's entry into the 180 - 200cc motorcycle segment of the Indian market.
Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Inspired by the dreams of the new age customers & their passion for riding, we are pleased to introduce all-new Honda Hornet 2.0."
"With its advanced technology & thrilling performance, new Hornet 2.0 is set to create a new benchmark among the young motorcycle enthusiasts."
He further added, "It is the beginning of Honda's new era of portfolio expansion catering to a wide range of customers in India."
The Honda Hornet 2.0 comes powered by the brand's new BS6-compliant 184cc single-cylinder engine with the PGM-Fi technology. The engine produces 17bhp at 8500rpm and 16.1Nm of torque at 6000rpm, paired with a five-speed gearbox.
The suspension on the new Hornet 2.0 is handled by a set of golden USD (upside-down) forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking is through a set of discs at either end, this includes a 276mm disc at the front and a 220mm disc at the rear; supported by single-channel ABS as standard.
The Honda Hornet 2.0 rides on 17-inch wheels with 110/70 and 140/70 profiles at the front and rear, respectively.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"The new Hornet 2.0 is a transformation of Honda's racing DNA into sheer thrill of street riding. Fully satisfying the needs of riders seeking performance and style in one machine, the powerful higher capacity HET BSVI Engine, best in class features like Golden USD front forks, fully digital negative liquid crystal meter, dual petal disc brakes and aggressive design enhances the overall riding experience. Simply put, Hornet 2.0 is a call out to those who want to FLY AGAINST THE WIND!"
The new Honda Hornet 180 also comes packed with a host of features and equipment, making it an extremely attractive offering in the segment.
Apart from the sporty design with the aggressive creases, body contours and graphics, the Hornet 2.0 also comes with a short muffler, new alloy wheels, alloy footpegs, engine stop switch, hazard lights, all-round LED lighting (headlamps, X-shaped taillights and turn indicators) and a fully-digital instrument cluster.
The Honda Hornet 2.0 will be available in a choice of four colours: Pearl Igneous Black, Matte Sangria Red Metallic, Matte Axis Grey Metallic & Matte Marvel Blue Metallic.
Thoughts On The Honda Hornet 2.0 India Launch
The Honda Hornet 2.0 is the brand's debut model in the country's 180 - 200cc motorcycle segment. The latest naked streetfighter from Honda comes with an attractive price tag, while also looking extremely sporty and packed with features, allowing it to take on the rivals in the segment. This includes the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar 180, TVS Apache RTR 200 and the likes.