- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 3 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Highest number of COVID-19 vaccines administered in UP on first day of inoculation
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
KTM has silently pushed an update for its 390 motorcycle line-up in the Indian market. The 390 Adventure, Duke and the RC will now come shod with MRF tyres replacing the Metzelers, which were offered on the previous models.
According to our sources, the company has updated the tyre package on all the 390 motorcycles in the country. The 390 Duke and the 390 RC were offered with ‘Metzeler M5 Sportec' tyres in India. After the latest update, these motorcycles now come shod with top-spec MRF ‘Revz C1' performance tyres.
Our sources also mentioned that the KTM Adventure 390 has also been affected by the tyre update. The adventure motorcycle was offered with dual-terrain ‘Metzeler Tourance' tyres. However, these tyres are now replaced by the ones manufactured by MRF.
The exact model of the MRF tyre on the Adventure 390 is yet to be known. But we expect it to come shod with the ‘MRF Mogrip Meteor-M' model, which also a dual-purpose tyre from the Chennai-based manufacturer.
The new tyre update has not affected to prices of the motorcycles and costs the same. The retail cost of Metzeler tyres is higher than the ones from MRF on all motorcycles. The company is yet to make an official announcement on the latest tyre update in India. Also, whether the change in tyres is permanent is still to be known.
Although the company is yet to make an official announcement on the tyre change, we expect it to be because of the current challenges with import duties amidst the Covid-19 pandemic. Metzeler tyres are made in Germany and are imported to the country.
However, the import operations have been affected due to the ongoing pandemic. As a result, the company could have decided to choose an Indian tyre manufacturer to have an uninterrupted supply to its customers.
The KTM Adventure 390, RC 390 and the Duke 390 retails at a starting price of Rs 3.04 lakh, 2.53 lakh and Rs 2.58 lakh (ex-showroom, Bangalore).
In related news, KTM has also launched new colours options with its RC range of motorcycles. This includes the RC 125, RC 200 and RC 390 all of which have received a new paint scheme, each — here are all details.
Thoughts About The KTM Adventure 390, Duke 390 & The RC 390 Updated With New MRF Tyres
The 390 range of motorcycles has received a new update from the company, silently. However, the prices of the motorcycles remain unchanged despite MRF tyres costing less than the previous Metzeler models. Whether there will be a decrease in pricing of the motorcycles at a later date is yet to known from KTM India.