- 4 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 10 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: After Salman Khan’s Jokes, Disha Parmar Replies To Rahul Vaidya’s Marriage Proposal
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Honda Motor Company in Japan was recently under cyber-attacks earlier this week. The cyber-attacks led to a virus problem in its servers, which caused a major disruption to their production process.
This cyber-attack at the main facility in Japan is further said to have affected 11 other plants across the globe, including five in the USA alone. These include both four and two-wheeler plants being affected.
Reports now state that Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India (HMSI) has also been affected by the cyber-attacks because of a global network outage. PTI reports suggest that the production process of HMSI has been temporarily affected, with the company has already made the necessary adjustments.
Honda Cars India, however, reported that their production processes have not been affected in any way by the cyber-attacks.
A spokesperson for HMSI, told PTI (Press Trust of India),
"A company-wide network outage has been reported by Honda companies globally. While the cause of the problem is currently under investigation, the recovery process is underway."
He further added, "There is no effect on the invoicing process at our dealership network." Confirming that there has been no disruption in the retail sales process for the brand in the Indian market.
HMSI recently announced the restart of production operations across all its facilities in the country. The company has also reopened all dealerships outside the containment zones, with sales and service operations, have begun as well.
The company is also taking all steps to ensure that the safety and social distancing protocols are being followed strictly. This is to ensure the safety of both the staff and customers visiting dealerships across the country.
Honda Motorcycle also announced that the company registered a massive 88 per cent decline in sales during the month of May 2020. The company registered around 54,000 units of sales in the month of May 2020, compared to 4.82 lakh units of sales during the same period last year — here are the details.
Thoughts About Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India Production
The HMSI production has faced a slight disruption because of the cyber-attacks at its parent company in Japan. However, with sales and retail remaining unaffected, it is highly unlikely for customers to feel the effect, apart from possibly facing a slight delay in deliveries, if any.