- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Starrer Good Luck Jerry’s Shoot Disrupted By Protestors In Patiala
- Sports Eden Hazard's story at Real Madrid so far
- News Downloadable e-version of voter card to be launched today
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Launch Pushed Indefinitely As Government Upholds Ban Decision: Report
- Finance RIL Shares Slip 4% Post Q3 Results
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced that the company dispatched a total of 54,820 units in the month of May 2020. Among this, 54,000 units came from domestic sales while the remaining 820 units were through exports.
Compared to the same month in 2019, Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India has registered a decline of around 88 per cent. Sales in May 2019 for the two-wheeler brand stood at over 4.82 lakh. Honda also announced that they retailed over 1.15 lakh units and serviced over 10.5 lakh two-wheelers in May 2020.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"May'20 saw the wheels of business start turning slowly after the zero dispatches in the month of April 2020. By now, a sizable 70% of Honda dealerships have resumed their operations. With sufficient availability of six BSVI products at our network (3 scooter & 3 motorcycle models), our network was able to kick off initial sales momentum crossing over 1.15 lac retails in May'20."
"In the new Coronial Era, Honda dealerships are increasingly promoting digital contactless customer engagement. An early encouraging sign based on our survey is that close to 80% of the intenders are looking forward to purchasing their favourite Honda 2Wheeler within 3 months of the lockdown opening. Moreover, there is an increased propensity of the buyers preferring a two-wheeler over public transport for daily commuting, in this time of social distancing."
The company stated that they have resumed operations at 70 per cent of its dealerships around India. This includes sales and service operations which are being carried out in accordance with all the guidelines and protocols, to ensure everyone's safety.
Honda has also announced that the company resumed production at its Narsapura, Karnataka facility from the 25th of May. Other facilities including those at Manesar (Haryana), Tapukara (Rajasthan) and Vithalapur (Gujarat) will begin production operations from the first week of June in a phased manner.
Thoughts On The HMSI Sales Report For May 2020
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India like most other vehicle manufacturers restarted operations across the country in a phased manner. The company has suffered a massive decline in sales, compared to the same period last year. However, demand is expected to improve in the coming months.