- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 11 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
Japan based Honda Motor Company Limited had patented designs for its CT125 Hunter Cub moped in India, and according to Zigwheels, speculation is that the brand is planning to launch the moped in the country.Honda has patented international-spec models in India during recent times. April this year saw the company patenting the CBF190R, while May this year saw the Honda PCX electric scooter patented.
The Honda CT125 Hunter Cub features a 124cc air-cooled fuel-injected engine borrowed from the Honda Super Cub. The engine produces 8.8 brake horsepower and 11 Newton-meters of torque. It comes mated to a four-speed gearbox.
Other features on the moped include all-LED lighting, a luggage rack at the rear, a high-set exhaust set-up for good water wading ability, a fully digital instrument cluster, and single-channel ABS.
The CT125 Hunter Cub features disc brakes at the front and the rear. The moped also arrives with a gaitered telescopic fork at the front, and dual shock absorbers at the rear. The moped also arrives with spoked wheels shod with dual-purpose tyres.
In Honda related news, the brand released a teaser video of the upcoming Honda Grazia BS6 model via its domestic website. The teaser highlights some changes made to the scooter.
The upgraded model is expected to arrive with a fully-digital instrument cluster that displays a side stand indicator, a distance-to-empty reading, and a clock; among a host of other upgrades. TO know more about the Honda Grazia BS6 model, click here.
Thoughts About Honda Patenting The CT125 Hunter Cub In India
Honda's primary reason for patenting the CT125 Hunter Cub in India could be to keep it free of copyright infringement. We highly doubt that Honda will launch the Japanese auto giant will launch the CT125 Hunter Cub in India. Mopeds are generally used in the country as utilitarian vehicles in the country.
Add to that the price tag. The Hunter Cub is priced at JPY 440,000 (roughly Rs 3.14 lakh, plus registration and taxes). It will be tough for the brand to match it to say the TVS XL 100's Rs 43,932, ex-showroom price.