- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India (HMSI) is all set to introduce a new motorcycle in the Indian market. According to ZigWheels, this new motorcycle could be a brand new 200cc model, in the form of the CB Hornet 200R.
Reports suggest that the new Honda CB Hornet 200R is expected to go on sale in the Indian market on the 27th of August 2020. The new CB Hornet 200R could be a replacement to its smaller 160R sibling, which was yet to receive a BS6 update in the country.
The reason for the replacement could be the steep hike in prices between the BS4 and BS6 models, with the XBlade being the perfect example. The Honda XBlade BS6 model received a hike of Rs 17,000 post its BS6 update, which could deter buyers from the Hornet 160R. Hence replacing the 160R with its larger 200cc model, kind of makes good sense.
The Honda CB 200R will also allow the brand to enter a fast-growing segment in the Indian market. If introduced in India, the Hornet 200R will be a good rival to the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar NS200, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and others.
Honda had previously patented the CBF 190R in India, which could be the model on which the Hornet 200R would be based on. Reports also suggest that the Honda CB Hornet 200R could be manufactured in India as well, this will allow the company to price it competitively as well.
Having said this, there is no official confirmation from the brand as of yet. Honda recently hiked the prices of the BS6-compliant Xblade motorcycle. The premium commuter motorcycle is now priced at Rs 1.06 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are the details.
The Honda XBlade BS6 comes powered by an updated version of the same 160cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 13.7bhp and 14.7Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Honda CB Hornet 200R
The Honda CB 200R if introduced in India, will be a premium offering in the Indian 200cc motorcycle segment. If introduced and priced competitively, then the Hornet 200R could well become a popular product for the brand in the Indian market.