- 8 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Honda Motorcycles And Scooters India is currently in the process of updating its entire line-up to BS6 compliance. The company has recently concluded updating its entire line-up of scooters and motorcycle in the 125cc category with the launch of new Grazia BS6 scooter.
According to the latest reports from Bikedekho, the company is expected to launch the Hornet 160R BS6 motorcycle sometime in the next month. The reports also suggest that it will be around Rs 13,000 pricier than the BS4 model because of updates.
The Honda Hornet 160R BS6 motorcycle is expected to use an updated version of the same 162.7cc engine as the BS4 counterpart. It could be the similar to the one powering the BS6 Unicorn motorcycle. However, we expect it to have a different state of tune.
The engine on the Unicorn produces a maximum power of 12.5bhp at 7500rpm and a peak torque of 14Nm at 5500rpm. The engine continues to come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox. We expect the same powertrain to be used on the BS6 Hornet with a slight increase in power output to suit the sporty nature of the motorcycle.
Apart from an updated engine, the upcoming motorcycle is expected to feature subtle changes. This could include an updated graphics, fuel-injected engine, ACG silent start technology and a combi switch for starter and engine kill operation.
However, the overall design and dimensions of the motorcycle is expected to remain unchanged from its previous model. It will continue to feature LED headlight, tail lights and turn indicators, a digital instrument cluster, a sculpted muscular fuel-tank with extensions on both sides, a single-piece seat and a stubby-looking exhaust.
The upcoming CB Hornet 160R is also expected to feature the same diamond chassis from the older models along with other mechanicals. The suspension on the motorcycle is expected to be handled by a telescopic fork at the front and an adjustable mono-shock at the rear.
Braking on the motorcycle is could be done via the same 276mm petal disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear, with an optional drum brake, offered on the lower variant as well. It could also be offered with a single-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About The Honda CB Hornet 160R BS6 Expected India Launch In July
The Honda CB Hornet 160R is a motorcycle that has appealed to a yonder audience in the Indian market because of its relatively powerful engine, modern and aggressive looking desing. We expect all of these important features of the motorcycle to be carried forward to the upcoming BS6 Hornet.