- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- News 4 killed due to Nivar cyclone in Tamil Nadu: PM Modi speaks to CM, announces relief
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Honda Motorcycles And Scooters India is currently in the process of updating its entire line-up to BS6 compliance. The company has recently concluded updating its entire line-up of scooters and motorcycle in the 125cc category with the launch of new Grazia BS6 scooter.
According to the latest reports from Bikedekho, the company is expected to launch the Hornet 160R BS6 motorcycle sometime in the next month. The reports also suggest that it will be around Rs 13,000 pricier than the BS4 model because of updates.
The Honda Hornet 160R BS6 motorcycle is expected to use an updated version of the same 162.7cc engine as the BS4 counterpart. It could be the similar to the one powering the BS6 Unicorn motorcycle. However, we expect it to have a different state of tune.
The engine on the Unicorn produces a maximum power of 12.5bhp at 7500rpm and a peak torque of 14Nm at 5500rpm. The engine continues to come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox. We expect the same powertrain to be used on the BS6 Hornet with a slight increase in power output to suit the sporty nature of the motorcycle.
Apart from an updated engine, the upcoming motorcycle is expected to feature subtle changes. This could include an updated graphics, fuel-injected engine, ACG silent start technology and a combi switch for starter and engine kill operation.
However, the overall design and dimensions of the motorcycle is expected to remain unchanged from its previous model. It will continue to feature LED headlight, tail lights and turn indicators, a digital instrument cluster, a sculpted muscular fuel-tank with extensions on both sides, a single-piece seat and a stubby-looking exhaust.
The upcoming CB Hornet 160R is also expected to feature the same diamond chassis from the older models along with other mechanicals. The suspension on the motorcycle is expected to be handled by a telescopic fork at the front and an adjustable mono-shock at the rear.
Braking on the motorcycle is could be done via the same 276mm petal disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear, with an optional drum brake, offered on the lower variant as well. It could also be offered with a single-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About The Honda CB Hornet 160R BS6 Expected India Launch In July
The Honda CB Hornet 160R is a motorcycle that has appealed to a yonder audience in the Indian market because of its relatively powerful engine, modern and aggressive looking desing. We expect all of these important features of the motorcycle to be carried forward to the upcoming BS6 Hornet.