- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has announced a second "Service Campaign'' in less than a month, only this time, the service campaign includes the Honda Dio, the Honda Activa 125, and the Honda Activa 6G models that have been manufactured between 14 and 25 February this year.
The company says that the service campaign has been called for because of a suspected quality issue at the rear cushion that might have resulted in oil leaks and or breakage of certain components that could lead to vehicle imbalance. The service campaign is expected to start within a couple of days.
Honda has called for this initiative as a precautionary measure and will check and replace the parts (if defective) for no cost to its customers, irrespective of the scooter's warranty status.
Interestingly, this is the second time Honda has announced a service campaign for the Activa 125 BS6 model. The first campaign was called to address and replace cooling fan covers and oil gauges on the model. To know more click here.
In other Honda related news, the company is planning to manufacture their 500cc range of motorcycles domestically, and plans to launch the range in India next year.
Honda's 500cc range includes the CB500X adventure tourer, the CBR500R fully fared sports motorcycle, and the CB500F naked motorcycle. The company's aim is to offer more motorcycle in the middleweight category in its premium offerings.
Honda is gunning to 100 percent localization with the aim of offering premium motorcycles at highly competitive prices. The company plans to source components like the frame, the wheels, suspension, and tyre components from domestic vendors.
Honda also launched the 2020 Africa Twin (CRF1100L) models in the country earlier this month. Priced starting at Rs 15.35 lakh, ex-showroom, and offered in two variants, the new Africa Twin is powered by a 1084cc parallel-twin engine that produces 101 brake horsepower and 105 Nm of torque. Transmission options include a manual, and a DCT automatic.
Thoughts About Honda's Service Campaign For The Dio, The Activa 125, And The Activa 6G
We are impressed that Honda dedicates time and effort towards after sales service campaigns. Having said that, its twice now that Honda has initiated a service campaign for the Activa 125; and also twice within a months time. Maybe winning the race to BS6 brought with it a minor issue with quality control. Hopefully this won't turn into a ‘recall'.