- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 12 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
New Delhi based Hero MotoCorp is planning to make an entry into the electric scooter segment. According to carandbike, the company is working on electric technology, and has begun testing an electric Maestro concept scooter.
*Images for representational purposes only
The company says that the electric scooter is built on the Maestro Edge platform and will offer a powerful Lithium-ion battery, and a permanent magnet motor that will send power to the rear wheel. In addition, the e-Maestro will arrive with cloud connectivity.
Hero has not revealed an information about the e-Maestro concept, but expectations are that the new scooter will be affordable and will be built for the masses.
The e-Maestro concept scooter looks almost similar to the Maestro Edge but arrives with alloy wheels finished in red, and features a fully digital instrument cluster.
While it is still to early to predict, industry speculation is that the Hero e-Maestro electric scooter will be priced under the Rs 1 lakh mark.
The Hero e-Maestro electric scooter has been designed and is being developed at the company's Center of Innovation and Technology at Jaipur. The facility has worked on over 150 products, and was heavily involved in making Hero's existing range of internal combustion engine two wheelers BS6 compliant.
At the recent Hero World 2020 event, Dr Pawan Munjal, the Chairman at Hero MotoCorp, said that the company was investing up to Rs 10,000 crore towards next generation mobility solutions. The company will invest a significant amount towards developing electric technology over the next five and seven years.
Dr Munjal said, "As we enter a new decade, we are aiming at ushering in the next wave of mass mobility that is accessible, convenient and environment-friendly, which is aligned with our rejuvenated vision of Be The Future of Mobility."
Hero will invest in sustainable growth in its global markets and will extend investments to its products, its manufacturing facilities, network expansion, and brand building in the future.
Thoughts About The Hero e-Maestro Electric Scooter Being Developed By Hero MotoCorp
Well, a little late in the game we think, but at least Hero's making an effort. We hope their electric concept scooter actually head to production soon unlike some of their concept motorcycles that never made it past a motorcycle show.