- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- News Yediyurappa defers decision to add Lingayats in backward caste list
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 BS6 motorcycle price hike has been announced in the Indian market. The Iron 883 roadster was updated to BS6 standards in March 2020 and retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, the brand has increased the pricing of the Iron 883 model by Rs 12,000. The motorcycle now retails at a starting price of Rs 9.38 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The motorcycle is listed for online purchase and is available in four paint schemes: Black Denim, Barracuda Silver Denim, River Rock Grey and a dual-tone Scorched Orange/Silver Flux.
The Iron 883 is powered by the brand's air-cooled ‘Evolution' engine. The V-Twin 883cc engine features (ESPFI) Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection and produces 68Nm of peak torque at 4,750 rpm. In comparison, the BS4 engines produced 70Nm of peak torque at 3,500rpm. The engine continues to come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
Apart from the engine update, no other changes on the BS6 motorcycle have been made. The Iron 883 measures 2,185mm in length with a wheelbase of 1,515mm. The seat height measures at 760mm and the motorcycle sits 140mm above the ground. The roadster weighs 247 kilograms (dry).
The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 features a bare-bone design giving it a raw roadster look. The round-shaped headlamps, single-pod instrument cluster, turn-indicators, wider handlebar, forward-set footpegs, blacked-out dual-exhaust and bobber-inspired tuck and roll design of the seat. The motorcycle is delivered with a single-seat, however, the company will sell you a pillion seat as an add-on.
The electronic instrument cluster offers a host of information to the rider. This includes an odometer, a time-of-day clock, dual trip meters, a low fuel indicator, a low oil pressure indicator, and an engine diagnostics readout. The motorcycle arrives with a 12.5-litre fuel tank as well.
Suspension on the Iron 883 is handled by a telescopic unit at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is done via disc braked with dual-piston callipers at both ends. The motorcycle comes equipped with dual-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle cycle sits on nine-spoke 19-inch alloy shod with 100/90 section tyre at the front and a 16-inch wheel shod with 150/80 tyre at the rear.
In related news, the American two-wheeler manufacturer has announced a new discount offer on the Street Road BS6 motorcycle in the Indian market. The cruiser motorcycle is offered with a cash discount of Rs 55,500 for a limited period — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 BS6 Price Hike Announced In India
Harley-Davidson joined the list of two-wheeler manufactures, who have recently increased the prices for its BS6 models in the Indian market. The Iron 883 is a bare-bone motorcycle that features a comfortable and relaxed riding position. The retro-roadster has a lot of torque and the only electronic rider aid offered with the motorcycle is dual-channel ABS.