- 49 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors To Introduce An MPV To Rival Maruti Suzuki Ertiga: Here Are All Details
- Sports We were focussed on the 2020 women’s hockey Junior Asia Cup when lockdown was announced: Junior India captain Suman Devi
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- News Centre tells states to give bodies of those suspected to be COVID-19 positive to kin without test re
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Steps Out For A Haircut After Months; Calls It A New But Safe Experience
- Technology Indian Cyber Security Agency Takes Down Over 100 Malicious Chrome Extensions
- Finance India's Trade Deficit With China Reduces To $48.66 Billion
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 BS6 motorcycle price hike has been announced in the Indian market. The Iron 883 roadster was updated to BS6 standards in March 2020 and retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, the brand has increased the pricing of the Iron 883 model by Rs 12,000. The motorcycle now retails at a starting price of Rs 9.38 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The motorcycle is listed for online purchase and is available in four paint schemes: Black Denim, Barracuda Silver Denim, River Rock Grey and a dual-tone Scorched Orange/Silver Flux.
The Iron 883 is powered by the brand's air-cooled ‘Evolution' engine. The V-Twin 883cc engine features (ESPFI) Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection and produces 68Nm of peak torque at 4,750 rpm. In comparison, the BS4 engines produced 70Nm of peak torque at 3,500rpm. The engine continues to come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
Apart from the engine update, no other changes on the BS6 motorcycle have been made. The Iron 883 measures 2,185mm in length with a wheelbase of 1,515mm. The seat height measures at 760mm and the motorcycle sits 140mm above the ground. The roadster weighs 247 kilograms (dry).
The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 features a bare-bone design giving it a raw roadster look. The round-shaped headlamps, single-pod instrument cluster, turn-indicators, wider handlebar, forward-set footpegs, blacked-out dual-exhaust and bobber-inspired tuck and roll design of the seat. The motorcycle is delivered with a single-seat, however, the company will sell you a pillion seat as an add-on.
The electronic instrument cluster offers a host of information to the rider. This includes an odometer, a time-of-day clock, dual trip meters, a low fuel indicator, a low oil pressure indicator, and an engine diagnostics readout. The motorcycle arrives with a 12.5-litre fuel tank as well.
Suspension on the Iron 883 is handled by a telescopic unit at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is done via disc braked with dual-piston callipers at both ends. The motorcycle comes equipped with dual-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle cycle sits on nine-spoke 19-inch alloy shod with 100/90 section tyre at the front and a 16-inch wheel shod with 150/80 tyre at the rear.
In related news, the American two-wheeler manufacturer has announced a new discount offer on the Street Road BS6 motorcycle in the Indian market. The cruiser motorcycle is offered with a cash discount of Rs 55,500 for a limited period — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 BS6 Price Hike Announced In India
Harley-Davidson joined the list of two-wheeler manufactures, who have recently increased the prices for its BS6 models in the Indian market. The Iron 883 is a bare-bone motorcycle that features a comfortable and relaxed riding position. The retro-roadster has a lot of torque and the only electronic rider aid offered with the motorcycle is dual-channel ABS.