- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 4 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- Finance RBI Expects GDP To Be Negative For 2020-21
- Movies Sushant Singh Rajput's Sister Priyanka Had Warned Her Family That Rhea Chakraborty Will Destroy Him
- Technology OnePlus Nord Gets Oxygen OS Update; New Features To Check Out
- Lifestyle Made In Heaven And Raat Akeli Hai Actress Shivani Raghuvanshi’s Distinctive Fashion Game Decoded
- Sports England vs Pakistan: Shan Masood feels fortunate to play amid the pandemic
- News RBI Monetary Policy: RBI keeps repo rate unchanged; Here are the Highlights
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Bajaj Auto India is all set to introduce its first all-electric scooter in the Indian market, with the Chetak. The Bajaj Chetak electric has been confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market from the 14th of January 2020.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter will be launched in a phase-wise manner. It will initially be available in just five cities, before expanding across other parts of the country. These five cities include Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai.
According to the company, bookings for the all-electric Bajaj Chetak will begin in the coming days. Deliveries of the scooter will initially start in Pune and Bangalore only; before being made available in the remaining three cities mentioned above. Bajaj had also confirmed previously that the Chetak electric scooter will be available exclusively across all KTM dealerships.
The company unveiled the electric Chetak in the Indian market, during the latter part of 2019. The Bajaj Chetak electric is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 1.10 lakh, on-road. This will put it in direct contention with the likes of the Ather 450 in the EV segment — as well as the recently announced Ather 450X.
In terms of specifications, the Bajaj is yet to announce the exact details of the battery packs and electric motor used on the Chetak electric. However, they did announce that the electric scooter will come with an IP-67 certified lithium-ion battery, offering a max range of around 75km on a single charge.
In terms of styling, the Bajaj Chetak electric will feature a retro-theme combined with modern features and equipment. This includes LED lighting for the headlamps and taillights, digital instrument cluster, feather-touch activated switches, LED DRLs, chrome surrounds for the headlamps and a host of premium finishes as well.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric India Launch
Bajaj's first electric scooter brings back the ‘Chetak' nameplate to the Indian market. The Bajaj Chetak electric combines both the old-school retro charm with modern design and features, making it an extremely attractive offering. We can't wait to see how the new Chetak EV is to ride!