- 13 min ago Mercedes-Benz EQT Electric Van Revealed: Gorgeous Electric Van From Mercedes-Benz
- 43 min ago Royal Enfield Temporarily Suspends Production Due To Covid-19: Read More To Find Out!
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Taken To Court By Jeep In Australia Over Thar Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Launches LiveWire Electric Motorcycles Sub-Brand
- News How does the child sexual abuse and human trafficking really work
- Finance MoneyGram To Allow Bitcoin Holders Cash In Their Investments
- Sports Rishabh Pant gets first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Movies Abhinav Shukla's Mother-In-Law Has A Sweet Message For Him, Assures Him Of Rubina Dilaik's Well-Being
- Technology Redmi Smart Watch With GPS Connectivity Launched In India
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Janhvi Kapoor, Nora Fatehi And Fatima Sana Shaikh Inspired Subtle Makeup Ideas For Festival
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
Bajaj introduced the Chetak electric scooter in the Indian market, earlier this year. The Bajaj Chetak is the brand's first-ever fully-electric scooter offering and is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.15 lakh, ex-showroom (Pune).
Now, almost a year later the company has announced that the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter sales have crossed the 1000 unit mark. The scooter is currently available only in Pune and Bangalore, with its pan-India launch being disrupted amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown.
The sales of the electric scooter took a major hit, similar to all other vehicle sales during the months of April to June. However, post the lockdown, sales have managed to pick up steadily, with the Chetak e-scooter registering a consistent volume month-on-month.
To reiterate, the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is offered in two variants: Urbane & Premium. Both variants of the electric scooter come powered by a 3kWh lithium-ion battery paired with a 4kW electric motor. This electric powertrain will offer the scooter a maximum range of 90km and a top speed of 80km/h. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter takes around 4 hours with a full charge.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter also comes with a host of features and technology as well. This includes LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED tail lights, a fully-digital instrument cluster, disc brakes with ABS, regenerative braking with reverse assist and a bunch of others as well.
The Bajaj Chetak Urbane variant is offered with a choice of two colours: Citrus Rush and Cyber White. The top-spec ‘Premium' trim, on the other hand, is offered in five different paint schemes. These include Citrus Rush, Hazelnut, Brooklyn Black, Velluto Rosso and Indigo Metallic.
The vibrant colour scheme is offered with a rather retro-classic design, featuring minimalistic design and graphics. The side and rear profile comes with simple lines and creases, reminiscent of the iconic Chetak scooter, discontinued 14-year back.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Sales
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is the brand's first-ever fully-electric offering in the Indian market. The Chetak is positioned in the premium e-scooter segment, rivalling the likes of the Ather 450X and the TVS iQube.