- 8 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals appoint Kumar Sangakkara as director of cricket for the upcoming season
- News Republic Day 2021: University, CBSE toppers to watch parade from Prime Minister’s box
- Movies Varun Dhawan Weds Natasha Dalal: Karan Johar And Manish Malhotra Set To Attend The Ceremony!
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Bajaj Auto has announced that the company has registered total sales of 1,12,798 units in the month of May 2020. This includes two-wheeler sales in both the domestic and export markets. Among the total sales, Bajaj registered 39,286 units from the domestic market while the majority of 73,512 units came from exports.
Compared to the company sales in May 2020, Bajaj has registered a decline of 69 per cent overall. The company registered over 3.65 lakh two-wheelers sales during the same period last year. In terms of domestic sales, Bajaj registered an 81 per cent sales decline from 2,05,721 units in May 2019 to just under 40,000 last month.
Bajaj Auto's commercial vehicle segment also registered sales declines in the previous month. Domestic sales of commercial vehicles in May 2020 fell by 99 per cent from 56,332 units to just 788 units. Export sales of commercial vehicles also dropped to 19,411 from 54,882; a decline of 65 per cent. This adds up to a total decline of 82 per cent for the Bajaj commercial vehicle segment.
Taking the overall company sales (two-wheeler + commercial), Bajaj Auto registered a massive drop of 80 per cent in the Indian market in the month of May. The total sales last month stood at 1,65,006 units; a massive drop compared to 8,42,550 units of sales during the same month in 2019.
Bajaj Auto recently announced the restart of its production, sales and service operations across the country. The company has reopened all dealerships, apart from those in the containment zones, with sales and service operations have started. Dealerships have been given strict guidelines to follow, ensuring the safety of both the employees and the customers visiting the showrooms.
Amidst the restart of sales operations in India, Bajaj Auto also hiked the prices of its entire product portfolio in the country. This includes a price hike of up to Rs 5000 for various models of its popular Pulsar range. The price hikes extend to even KTM and Husqvarna in India — here are the details of the price hike.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Bike Sales Report For May 2020
Bajaj Auto, similar to most other vehicle manufacturers, restarted production and sales operations in India sometime during mid-May 2020. The company is slowly working its way to improve demand for its products in the Indian market, which is expected to take a few months to get back to near-normalcy.