- 28 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away at 74
- Movies Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Says She Was Told To Attend Karan Johar's Parties To Make Comeback In Films
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
The Aprilia SXR 160 India launch timeline has been revealed. The company will be launching the SXR 160 maxi scooter sometime in November 2020. Initially, the scooter was scheduled to launch between Agust and September this year.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of the SXR 160 was pushed back in India. The scooter was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, since then, it has created a buzz in the market. Diego Graffi, Chairman and MD, Piaggio India, confirmed the development during the launch of Vespa Racing Sixties.
Along with the SXR 160, Aprilia also revealed that they will be bringing the SXR 125 in the Indian market. However, the SXR 125 is now scheduled to arrive sometime during early next year.
Both scooters will be similar in design and feature a fresh and modern look. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature triple headlamp setup with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, and large under-seat storage space with illumination; among others.
The powerful Aprilia SXR 160 would feature the 160cc unit borrowed from the Aprilia SR 160 BS6 scooter sold in India. The 160cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to be powered by the same 125cc unit that is powering the Aprilia SR 125 BS6 scooter from the company's line-up. The 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 9.5bhp at 7250rpm and peak torque of 9.9Nm at 6250rpm.
Apart from that, both scooter will feature telescopic forks at the front and twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking duties are likely to be handled by a disc brake at the front and drum brake at the rear supported by a single-channel ABS.
Thoughts About Aprilia SXR 160 India Launch Timeline Revealed
The pandemic has delayed the launch of several products in the country including the SXR maxi-scooters. Once launched The Aprilia SXR 125 and SXR 160 will primarily rival the Suzuki Burgman in the India market. The upcoming maxi-scooters will offer improved practicality over a conventional scooter. They are expected to be more comfortable than regular scooters as well.