- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Piaggio has launched the special-edition Vespa Racing Sixties scooter in the Indian market. The new Vespa Racing Sixties scooter is a special limited-edition model and is available in both 125cc and 150cc versions. The two variants are priced at Rs 1.20 lakh and Rs 1.32 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Vespa Racing Sixties are based on the brand's standard SXL 125 and SXL 150 models. The special-edition scooter was first showcased in India back at the 2020 Auto Expo and was initially planned for an earlier launch.
With the scooter now on sale, interested customers can book the scooter either through any of the brand's dealerships or online or an amount of Rs 1,000. Customers who book the scooter online will be eligible for benefits of up to Rs 2,000.
Talking about the design, the Vespa Racing Sixties scooter as the name suggests takes inspiration to its racing heritage of the 1960s. The scooter carries forward the livery of the old, giving the new scooter a classic styling with a sporty twist.
The scooter is offered with an overall white paint scheme, along with centrally running dual racing stripes on the front apron, fenders and at the rear. The Red accents are also available on the side body panels as well.
Other design details also include a host of blacked-out elements, this includes the matte-finish surrounding elements, rearview mirrors, surrounds for the front and rear lights, grab handle, footrests and the seat upholstery. The scooter also comes with a 5-spoke petal alloy wheels finished in a gold paint scheme, adding to the richness of the scooter.
Apart from the cosmetic updates, the Vespa Racing Sixties scooter also comes with a host of mechanical equipment and other comfort features as well. This includes a monocoque full-steel body, twin-pot callipers with disc brakes, supported by anti-lock braking (ABS) or combi-braking system (CBS); depending on the variant.
The special edition scooters also come with crystal illumination LED headlamps, central LED DRLs, USB charging port, boot light and a host of other features as well.
The entry-level Vespa Racing Sixties 125 scooter is powered by the brand's BS6-compliant fuel-injected 124cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 9.8bhp at 7000rpm and 9.60Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm.
The range-topping Vespa Racing Sixties 150 variant is powered by a slightly more powerful 149cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine. This produces 10.4bhp at 7600rpm and 10.30Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm. Both variants have their engines mated to a CVT gearbox as standard.
Diego Graffi, Chairman and MD, Piaggio India said,
"We are delighted to introduce the special edition Vespa Racing Sixties. As an iconic brand with a longstanding legacy, Vespa continuously rediscovers itself by setting new trends which reflects its versatility to represent unique specialities of different times."
"The Vespa Racing Sixties is an exceptional representation in rediscovering the theme of racing machines from the golden racing era of 1960s. Acknowledging the spirit of the time, it deftly combines heritage with present-day advanced technology; the only brand to offer such speciality to the discerning customers who love to Vespa."
Thoughts On The Vespa Racing Sixties Special-Edition Scooter
The Vespa Racing Sixties is a special edition scooter offering, which pays homage to the brand's racing heritage of the 60s on some of the most iconic circuits, such as Monaco and Monza. Vespa will be hoping to attract a younger and more enthusiastic crowd towards the Racing Sixties model in the Indian market.