- 19 min ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 37 min ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Pro With 5G Bags TENAA Certification; Launch Imminent
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- News RailTel launches prepaid plans for Wi-Fi at more than 4000 railway stations in India
- Movies HC Asks I&B Ministry To File Report On Rakul Preet's Complaint Against Channels Connecting Her With Drugs Case
- Finance Taxpayer Alert! Tax-Related Tasks to Complete Before March 31 Deadline
- Sports IPL 2021: Delhi Capitals announce JSW as the principal sponsor for upcoming season
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Raises Temperature In Delhi As She Steps Out In A Light Yellow Saree For Panghat Song Launch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Aprilia SR160 & SR125 BS6 scooter range price has been revealed in India. The BS6 range of Aprilia scooters includes the SR160, SR160 Race, SR160 Carbon, SR125 and the Storm 125. All models have already been launched and are already available in showrooms.
All scooters become BS6 compliant and get a hefty price hike of around Rs 19,000 for all models. Apart from the BS6 engines, there are no added features or design changes made to the scooter. The BS6 line-up remains the same and all features are carried forward from the BS4 models.
Here are all the details of the new pricing on BS6 models:
|Model||BS6 Price||BS4 Price||Difference|
|Storm 125||Rs 86,638||Rs 67,942||Rs 18,696|
|SR 125||Rs 92,181||Rs 73,691||Rs 18,490|
|SR 160||Rs 104,476||Rs 85,059||Rs 19,417|
|SR 160 Carbon||Rs 107,570||Rs 88,129||Rs 19,441|
|SR 160 Race||Rs 113,671||Rs 94,305||Rs 19,366|
Note: All prices mentioned above are ex-showroom (Bengaluru)
The BS-VI scooter range has not changed much in terms of power output as well. The SR160 scooter range is now powered by a 160 cc single-cylinder, 3-valve engine. It produces 10.8bhp at 7,600rpm and peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6,000rpm. While the SR125 scooters are powered by an updated 125cc single-cylinder motor which makes 9.5bhp at 7,250rpm and peak torque of 9.9Nm at 6,250rpm.
The Aprilia SR160 range of scooters is equipped with telescopic forks at the front, adjustable hydraulic shock absorber at the rear, and 14-inch alloy wheels. Braking duties on the SR160 are handled by 220mm disc at the front and 140mm drum unit at the rear. A single-channel ABS is offered as standard.
Aprilia has equipped their entry-level SR125 scooters with similar mechanicals. The scooters do share many components from its elder sibling including the suspension and the brake setup. However, the SR125 and the Storm 125 misses out the single-channel ABS offered on the SR160 range. Instead, the company has equipped the scooter with Combi Brake System (CBS) for added safety.
All the BS6 scooters still feature non-led headlight and do not offer any mobile connectivity as well. Most scooters in the 125cc and 150cc segment are offering these features as standard.
In other news, the company is also gearing up to launch the Aprilia SXR160 Maxi-Scooter. The upcoming scooter was first showcased at the 2020 AutoExpo. The company also announced that the bookings for the scooter will start around August followed by the launch in December - here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Aprilia SR160 & SR125 BS6 Scooter Range Price
Aprilia scooters apart from becoming BS6 complaint, do not feature any changes as compared to the previous models. With more brands coming into the 125cc and 150cc segment with new products, the hefty price increase will be hard to justify in India, which is important in a price-sensitive market like ours.