- 1 hr ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk First Drive Review — The Premium Off-Roader You’ve Been Waiting For!
- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- 1 day ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 2 day ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- News The Strawberry Moon arrives tonight! Where to watch, meaning behind this name?
- Sports ISL Transfer News: Mumbai City sign Mato Grgic from NorthEast
- Movies Kalank Didn't Deserve To Do Well: Varun Dhawan Says Its Failure Has Affected Him A Lot
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Or Sophie Choudry Or Diana Penty: Whose Ethnic Look Was The Freshest?
- Technology Xiaomi's Partner Holitech To Invest $200 Million in Country
- Finance Indices Off Day's High; Sensex Slips 400 Points, Nifty At 11,700
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Yamaha Motors India has launched the 2019 YZF-R15 V3.0 with dual-channel ABS. The 2019 Yamaha R15 ABS edition comes with a starting price of Rs 1.39 lakh. The 2019 R15 V3.0 ABS now also available in a new colour option — Darknight (Black) and is priced at Rs 1.41 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Yamaha R15 V3.0 was first launched at the 2018 Auto Expo and has acquired an enormous following in the market, especially in the 150cc entry-level sports bike segment. Yamaha has also announced that the R15 V3.0 sales in the first year were double their targeted projection.
The Yamaha R15 V3.0 is the first 150cc motorcycle to receive a dual-channel ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System). The motorcycle was previously available in two colour choices: Thunder Grey and Racing Blue. However, Yamaha has now added a new colour to the R15 range, called the Darknight (for an additional price, as mentioned before).
Apart from the additional colour and the dual-channel ABS, the R15 remains otherwise unchanged. The motorcycle continues to be powered by a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine producing 19.3bhp and 14.7Nm of torque. The R15 also comes with assist and Slipper-clutch as standard.
The Yamaha R15 V3.0 uses telescopic front forks and swingarm rear suspension. Braking is handled by 282mm front and 220mm rear discs, now supported by dual-channel ABS.
In terms of features, the R15 V3.0 comes with design cues borrowed from its larger litre class sibling, the R1. It also features slipper-clutch, fully-digital instrument cluster, gear-shift timing light and LED headlamps and tail lights as standard.
Motofumi Shitara, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India, stated, "A brand known for leading generations of stylish ride through improved technologies, Yamaha has now engineered to implement a dual channel ABS to the YZF-R15 Version 3.0. The initiative to offer dual-channel ABS in YZF-R15 Version 3.0 has endowed Yamaha as the trendsetter in the 150 cc class, by introducing it for the first time in the particular segment."
Thoughts On The Yamaha R15 V3.0 ABS Launched In India
The 2019 Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 ABS is the first motorcycle in the 150cc segment to feature a dual-channel ABS system. The R15 V3.0 ABS rivals the likes of the Suzuki Gixxer SF, TVS Apache RTR 160 and Bajaj Pulsar NS160 in the Indian market.