- 26 min ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In A Beautiful Glittering Sari At An Award Show
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Movies Kiara Advani Is A Busy Bee; South Cinema Finding It Hard To Get Her Dates?
- News Indo-US ties on upward trajectory: Jaishankar ahead of PM’s US visit
- Technology Jays m-Seven Truly Wireless Earbuds With 9.5 Hours Battery Life Launched For Rs. 8,999
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Select dealerships of Yamaha Motors India have started accepting bookings for the upcoming MT-15 motorcycle. The Yamaha MT-15 can be booked for a token amount of Rs 5,000 in select dealerships. Deliveries for the motorcycle is said to start from the first week of April.
The Yamaha MT-15 has been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. The motorcycle has been one of the most-awaited products of Yamaha in India. The MT-15 is basically the naked streetfighter version of Yamaha's popular R15 V3.0 motorcycle.
The Yamaha MT-15 will borrow a number of components and features from the R15, including the engine as well. This includes a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled unit. It produces 19.3bhp and 14.7Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox with a standard slipper clutch.
Other components borrowed from the R15 V3.0 include telescopic front forks and a monoshock rear suspension. 17-inch wheels which use a single 282mm disc at the front and 20mm disc at the rear to handle the motorcycle's braking. The brakes are further supported by a dual-channel ABS system.
However, the Yamaha MT-15 will come with a fresh design, more aggressive and sporty than any other model in the brand's lineup. The MT-15 will feature a more muscular design overall while having an upright streetfighter riding stance.
To set it apart from the FZ lineup, the Yamaha MT-15 will feature all-LED headlights, dual-channel ABS and a fully-digital instrument cluster similar to the R15. It will also come with slightly rear-set footpegs, which add to the sporty nature of the motorcycle.
The India-bound Yamaha MT-15 does miss out on the aluminium swingarm and the upside-down forks, seen on the International model. This is mainly to allow Yamaha to price the motorcycle competitively in the segment.
Thoughts On The Yamaha MT-15 Dealership-Level Bookings
Yamaha is yet to confirm the exact date for the launch of the MT-15 in the Indian market. However, with dealers already accepting bookings for the motorcycle, it is safe to expect it to take place in the next couple of months. The Yamaha MT-15 will be priced competitively at around Rs 1.2 lakh, ex-showroom and will rival the likes of the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and even the KTM 125 Duke in India.