- 52 min ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- Movies Parth Samthaan & Niti Taylor's Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan Turns 5; Fans Recall MaNan's Magical Moments
- News 9 killed in lightning strikes in Uttar Pradesh
- Sports Imran Khan promises to make Pakistan the best cricket team in the world
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Technology Vodafone Rs. 205, Rs. 225 Prepaid Plans Launched For Select Subscribers
- Lifestyle 60 Birds Fall To Death From Sky; Mass Poisoning Suspected
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Italian auto manufacturer Piaggio is ready to expand it's Vespa portfolio. A new variant of the Vespa LX125 — the Vespa Urban Club 125 will be launched with different colour schemes to differentiate it from the LX125 models. And it will offered at an introductory price of Rs 74,500 ex-showroom (India).
According to IndianAutosBlog, the new Vespa Urban Club 125 will feature a matte paint finish. The wheels, mirror stems and housing, the front fender garnish, an apron highlights will all be in black. The tail light cluster too features a black border around it. The only chrome on the scooter will be the head light mask.
Braking will be handled by the same set up on the LX125. The Vespa Urban Clap will feature drum brakes at the front and the rear. The scooter will feature a Combined Braking System as a standard.
Mechanics are said to be as found on the Vespa LX125. The Vespa Urban clap will feature a 125cc air cooled single cylinder petrol engine that produces 9.76bhp of power @ 7,500rpm, and, 1.6Nm of torque @ 6,000rpm. The engine is mated to a Constant Variable Automatic transmission.
The Vespa Urban Clap will feature a single-sided arm hydraulic suspension unit in the front, and hydraulic shock absorbers at the rear. The same suspension set up is found on the Vespa LX125.
Once launched, the Vespa Urban Clap will compete against the Suzuki Access 125, the TVS Ntorq 125, and the Honda Grazia 125.
Piaggio will also launch the a new 125cc scooter under their Aprilia brand — Aprilia Storm 125. The Aprilia Storm 125 is scheduled for a launch this month. The Storm 125 features 12-inch wheels, off-road tyres, disc brakes in the front and drum brakes at the rear. The scooter will be offered at an introductory price of Rs 65,000 ex-showroom (India), and will be the cheapest scooter in the Aprilia fleet. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The New Vespa Urban Clap 125
The scooter does look like a limited edition version of the Vespa LX125. We think may be Piaggio should have thought of retailing it as a limited edition. But again, it's a scooter we're talking about. The Urban Clap however, looks really nice sans all the chrome usually found on scooters in India.