- 18 min ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now.
- 1 hr ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- 3 hrs ago Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- Finance Big Policy Push Plan On The Anvil: Here’s The Priority List Of Modi 2
- Movies When Trisha Came Up With A BOLD & BEFITTING Reply To A CLICHED Question!
- News 233 MPs in new Lok Sabha have pending criminal cases against them
- Technology Win Infinix S4 for just Re1 with Flipkart’s answer and win contest
- Sports La Liga, Real Betis join hands to promote Spanish football internationally
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Aprilia Storm 125 made it's debut at the 2018 Auto Expo and was scheduled for a 2018 launch. Piaggio however put the launch on hold and they're ready to launch the Aprilia Storm 125 this May.
According to industry sources, the Aprilia Storm 125 will launch in India next month. Some dealers have already started accepting bookings for Rs 1,000. Priced at Rs 65,000 (ex-showroom, India), this will be the cheapest scooter in the Aprilia's two-wheeler line-up.
The Aprilia Storm 125 is based on the Aprilia SR 125 and take design ques from it as well. The difference between the two is that the Aprilia Storm 125 will feature 12-inch wheels when compared to the 14-inch wheels featured on the SR 125. In addition, the wheels will feature off-road tyres.
The Aprilia Storm 125 features a 124cc single-cylinder engine that produces 9.4bhp of power and 8.2Nm of torque - basically the same engine featured on the Aprilia SR 125. The Storm 125 also features disc brakes in the front and a drum brake at the rear.
We expect the scooter to feature a Combined Braking System (CBS) as a standard. The Aprilia Storm will take on the TVS NTorq, and the Honda Grazia once it hits the Indian markets.
Aprilia took the Indian markets by storm when it launched the SR 150 in 2016 - it was the country's first sport cross-over 150cc gearless bike. The SR 150 went on to win 'Scooter of The Year 2017' at two prestigious award ceremonies - the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2017, and the NDTV Car and Bike Awards 2017.
Aprilia has since launched different variants of the SR 150. They eventually launched a SR 125 variant to compete in the 125 cc category.
While the SR 125 is available in two colour options - Blue, and Silver, the Aprilia Storm may be available in a more sports, off-road looking colors and graphics.
Piaggio currently offers the Aprilia SR 125, the Aprilia SR 150, and the SR 150 (2018) models in the Indian markets. The Aprilia Storm 125 will be their fifth offering in the scooter department and we feel a Storm 150 may already be in the works.
Thoughts About The Aprilia Storm 125
The Aprilia Storm 125 looks identical to the SR 125. I guess we could get some changes made to our SR 125 by our friendly neighborhood mechanic Rizwan Bhai. We'll probably have our own Storm 125 before the launch! Can't help but chuckle.