- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
TVS Motor Company has launched the 2020 Apache RTR range in the Indian market. The new TVS Apache RTR models are now compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms of April 2020. The two motorcycles are among the first BS-VI compliant models to roll out from the Hosur-based bike manufacturer.
The two models updated in the TVS Apache RTR range include the 160 4V and the 200 4V. The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V now comes with a price tag of Rs 99,950 while the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V is priced slightly higher at Rs 1.24 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Meghashyam Dighole, Head - (Marketing) Premium Motorcycles, TVS Motor Company said,
"We are delighted to introduce the 2020 range of TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and TVS Apache RTR 160 4V BS-VI motorcycles. These motorcycles are a testament of our commitment towards delighting Apache customers with true racing experience. The 2020 range of Apache RTR series offers an array of premium features enabled by cutting edge technology and will transform performance biking. This marks the commencement of the transition of our vehicles to the BS-VI norms."
The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V comes powered by a 159.7cc single-cylinder oil-cooled engine. It churns out 16bhp at 8,250rpm and 14.1Nm of peak torque at 7,250rpm, mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V is powered by a larger 197.75cc single-cylinder oil-cooled engine. It produces 20bhp at 8,500rpm and 16.8Nm of peak torque at 7,500rpm, paired with the same five-speed transmission unit. Both engines are now BS-VI compliant, offering enhanced refinement and fuel efficiency.
Apart from the updated engines, both models also come with a first-in-segment feature, called GTT (Glide Through Traffic), enabling low speed riding in the city and urban conditions. The MY20 range also gets a ‘feather-touch' start function, along with new aerodynamically designed claw mirrors and a racier exhaust note as well.
The Apache RTR 200 4V is also the first motorcycle from TVS to feature their ‘SmartXonnect' technology, enabling Bluetooth connectivity with a smartphone. The RTR 200 4V is the only motorcycle in its segment to feature a dual-channel ABS with RLP and a slipper clutch as standard.
Both motorcycles also come with advanced features such as LED headlamps, LED taillights and LED DRLs. The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V is offered in three paint schemes: Red, Black and Blue.
Its larger sibling, the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V is offered in two colour choices: Black and White; both with red accents.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache RTR BS6 Range
The TVS Apache RTR range with the 160 4V and the 200 4V are the first motorcycles from the manufacturer to comply with the upcoming stringent emission regulations.
The RTR 200 4V rivals the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the KTM Duke 200 while the RTR 160 4V rivals the Suzuki Gixxer and the Yamaha FZ-S in the Indian market.