- 14 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 15 hrs ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 15 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- 16 hrs ago 2020 ‘Locally-Assembled’ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Launched In India — Priced At Rs 13.99 Lakh
- News Purdha clad women should remove veil at polling booth says CPM leader
- Technology How to unban your phone in PUBG Mobile
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Shows Us Her Evolved Fashion Sensibility With This Sculptural Gown At Cannes 2019
- Movies Cannes 2019: Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Drop Major Couple Goals At The Red Carpet On Day 3!
- Sports FA Cup: Manchester City 6 Watford 0: Sterling hat-trick helps secure unprecedented domestic treble
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Education Gujarat Board 10th Result 2019 To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
TVS Motors has launched the Apache RTR 160 ABS model in India. The new TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS comes with a starting price of Rs 84,710, ex-showroom (Delhi). The motorcycle uses a single-channel ABS system as standard, with prices hiked by Rs 6,000 compared to the non-ABS variant.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 is available in two variants — with rear drum brakes and with rear disc brakes. The rear drum brake variant is priced at Rs 84,710 while the rear disc variant comes with a price tag of Rs 87,719. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
TVS Motors currently sells the non-ABS versions of the Apache RTR 160 as well. However, starting April 1, 2019 these non-ABS variants will be discontinued from the lineup. This is due to the upcoming safety norms; mandating all two-wheelers above 125cc to feature an ABS system. Two-wheelers with displacements lower than 125cc, on the other hand, will be required to mandatorily feature CBS or Combi-Braking System.
Apart from the additional ABS, there will be no other changes made to the TVS Apache RTR 160 motorcycle. The RTR 160 ABS will continue to receive the same aggressive visuals as before. This includes a sculpted fuel tank, an edgy engine cowl and Apache's signature LED DRLs.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS will also continue to be powered by a 160cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine. It produces 15bhp and 13Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The Apache RTR 160 uses conventional telescopic front forks and a monotube inverted gas shock suspension set up at the rear. Braking is handled by a 270mm petal disc up front while the rear gets an option of either 130mm drum or 200mm disc brakes. The front brakes are now supported by a single-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch alloy wheels with 90/90 R-17 and 110/80 R-17 tyre profiles at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS
The TVS Apache RTR 160 is the latest model from the Indian motorcycle manufacturer to receive the ABS safety update. The motorcycle takes on the likes of the KTM 125 and 200 Duke models, Yamaha FZ 150, Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the upcoming Yamaha MT-15. The TVS Apache RTR 160 is a popular offering in the entry-level naked street motorcycle segment in India and has been on sale for quite a while, undergoing several updates along the way.