- 13 min ago Citroen C5 Aircross Production-Ready Model Spotted Testing In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 20 min ago Renault Plans Launching New Models In India: To Target Rural Markets Across The Country
- 1 hr ago FCA Recalls 547 Units Of MY20 Jeep Compass Models To Address Wiper Brace Nut Fitment
- 23 hrs ago Kerala State Road Transport Corporation’s Long Distance Bus Services Put On Hold: Details
- Technology Two Upcoming OnePlus Mid-Range Smartphones Appear In Video Render
- News Before Bhumi Pujan for Ram Temple, PM Modi to stop over at Hanuman Temple
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Says He Is Relieved To Be Back From Hospital; Feels Bad For Son Abhishek
- Finance Tata Motors Climbs 8.5% Despite Reporting Q1 Loss
- Sports FIFA defends Infantino, blasts Swiss probe
- Lifestyle Raksha Bandhan 2020: From Arjun-Janhvi To Sara-Ibrahim, Fashionable Brother-Sister Duos In B-Town
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
TVS Motors has launched the Apache RTR 160 ABS model in India. The new TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS comes with a starting price of Rs 84,710, ex-showroom (Delhi). The motorcycle uses a single-channel ABS system as standard, with prices hiked by Rs 6,000 compared to the non-ABS variant.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 is available in two variants — with rear drum brakes and with rear disc brakes. The rear drum brake variant is priced at Rs 84,710 while the rear disc variant comes with a price tag of Rs 87,719. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
TVS Motors currently sells the non-ABS versions of the Apache RTR 160 as well. However, starting April 1, 2019 these non-ABS variants will be discontinued from the lineup. This is due to the upcoming safety norms; mandating all two-wheelers above 125cc to feature an ABS system. Two-wheelers with displacements lower than 125cc, on the other hand, will be required to mandatorily feature CBS or Combi-Braking System.
Apart from the additional ABS, there will be no other changes made to the TVS Apache RTR 160 motorcycle. The RTR 160 ABS will continue to receive the same aggressive visuals as before. This includes a sculpted fuel tank, an edgy engine cowl and Apache's signature LED DRLs.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS will also continue to be powered by a 160cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine. It produces 15bhp and 13Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The Apache RTR 160 uses conventional telescopic front forks and a monotube inverted gas shock suspension set up at the rear. Braking is handled by a 270mm petal disc up front while the rear gets an option of either 130mm drum or 200mm disc brakes. The front brakes are now supported by a single-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch alloy wheels with 90/90 R-17 and 110/80 R-17 tyre profiles at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS
The TVS Apache RTR 160 is the latest model from the Indian motorcycle manufacturer to receive the ABS safety update. The motorcycle takes on the likes of the KTM 125 and 200 Duke models, Yamaha FZ 150, Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the upcoming Yamaha MT-15. The TVS Apache RTR 160 is a popular offering in the entry-level naked street motorcycle segment in India and has been on sale for quite a while, undergoing several updates along the way.