- 13 min ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 49 min ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford TO Use VWs MEB Platform
- 1 hr ago Jawa 42 Modified Into All-Black Cafe Racer — One Of The Classiest Customisations We Have Seen
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Williamson, Stokes gain in ODI rankings; Kohli-Bumrah maintain top spots
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- News Sarvana Bhawan owner moves court for treatment at private hospital
- Finance Ways To Tide Over Month-End Financial Crisis Situation
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
TVS Motors has launched the Apache RTR 160 ABS model in India. The new TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS comes with a starting price of Rs 84,710, ex-showroom (Delhi). The motorcycle uses a single-channel ABS system as standard, with prices hiked by Rs 6,000 compared to the non-ABS variant.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 is available in two variants — with rear drum brakes and with rear disc brakes. The rear drum brake variant is priced at Rs 84,710 while the rear disc variant comes with a price tag of Rs 87,719. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
TVS Motors currently sells the non-ABS versions of the Apache RTR 160 as well. However, starting April 1, 2019 these non-ABS variants will be discontinued from the lineup. This is due to the upcoming safety norms; mandating all two-wheelers above 125cc to feature an ABS system. Two-wheelers with displacements lower than 125cc, on the other hand, will be required to mandatorily feature CBS or Combi-Braking System.
Apart from the additional ABS, there will be no other changes made to the TVS Apache RTR 160 motorcycle. The RTR 160 ABS will continue to receive the same aggressive visuals as before. This includes a sculpted fuel tank, an edgy engine cowl and Apache's signature LED DRLs.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS will also continue to be powered by a 160cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine. It produces 15bhp and 13Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The Apache RTR 160 uses conventional telescopic front forks and a monotube inverted gas shock suspension set up at the rear. Braking is handled by a 270mm petal disc up front while the rear gets an option of either 130mm drum or 200mm disc brakes. The front brakes are now supported by a single-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch alloy wheels with 90/90 R-17 and 110/80 R-17 tyre profiles at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache RTR 160 ABS
The TVS Apache RTR 160 is the latest model from the Indian motorcycle manufacturer to receive the ABS safety update. The motorcycle takes on the likes of the KTM 125 and 200 Duke models, Yamaha FZ 150, Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the upcoming Yamaha MT-15. The TVS Apache RTR 160 is a popular offering in the entry-level naked street motorcycle segment in India and has been on sale for quite a while, undergoing several updates along the way.