- 37 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 38 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 55 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Technology Track Every Step You Take With Under Armour’s High-Performance Smart Running Shoes
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Contestants Salary: Who Takes Home The Maximum Pay?
- Sports Wriddhiman 3.0 ready to 'shoulder' responsibility as India A take on West Indies A
- News "Ready to quit happily": Kumaraswamy in an emotional speech in assembly
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
The top-selling scooters in India for May 2019 is out. The top-selling scooters list showcases the Honda Activa continuing its dominant run in the segment for another month in the Indian market. The Honda Activa 5G is one of the most popular scooters in the Indian market.
Here is the top-selling scooter list in India for the month of May 2019:
|Rank ||Model ||May 2019 Sales |
|1 ||Honda Activa ||2,18,734 |
|2 ||TVS Jupiter ||56,797 |
|3 ||Suzuki Access ||51,414 |
|4 ||Honda Dio ||46,840 |
|5 ||TVS Ntorq ||21,010 |
|6 ||Hero Destini 125 ||16,752 |
|7 ||Yamaha Fascino ||15,459 |
|8 ||Hero Maestro ||13,423 |
|9 ||Honda Grazia ||11,513 |
|10 ||Yamaha Ray ||10,920 |
Another interesting point is that the top-five scooters in the list remain unchanged from April 2019. The Honda Activa, TVS Jupiter, Suzuki Access 125, Honda Dio and TVS NTorq 125 have maintained their positions in May 2019 from April. However, the sales number of these scooters have changed.
The Honda Activa in May 2019 recorded sales of 2,18,734 units; an increase of almost 8,000 units from April. The sales of the TVS Jupiter and Suzuki Access 125 has also increased month-on-month. TVS Jupiter in second position has recorded 56,797 units of sales in May while the Suzuki Access 125 has managed to sell 51,414 units during the same period, putting it in third position on the list.
The fourth position occupied by the Honda Dio, whose sales has remained almost constant at 46,840 units in May 2019. The TVS Ntorq 125 finishes off the top-five scooter list with 21,010 units of recorded sales in the previous month.
The bottom five in the list is made up of the Hero Destini 125, Yamaha Fascino, Hero Maestro, Honda Grazia and the Yamaha Ray. Each of the scooters as recorded sales of 16,752; 15,459; 13,423; 11,513 and 10,920 respectively in May 2019.
Hero launched two new scooters in the Indian market last month; the Hero Pleasure 110 and the Hero Maestro Edge 125. Both new scooters offer a host of new features and equipment. Hero MotoCorp hopes to improve its sales with these two new products in the market.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Scooter In India For May 2019
The Honda Activa remains to be the most popular scooter in the country. It has consistently managed to bring in volume sales to the company and has also remained at the top of the best-selling scooter list month-on-month. Honda is also preparing to introduce a new version of the Activa, with the upcoming BS6 emission norms soon.